Google Chrome OS

Discussion about everything. New games, 3d math, development tips...
Strong99
Admin

Post by Strong99 »

torleif wrote:They're the sort of company that is willing to loose money for public enjoyment (youtube) whilst other companies put profit over public (Microsoft's Vista, ME etc)
But microsoft gets there money by selling there own products! Google gets the most money by using our private information "our surfing fingerprints" for advertising...

I hope the future doesn't bring Google Advertising in Chrome OS :P
torleif wrote:Almost 200mil a year. Giving to the public isn't a really smart business model, but it makes millions of people happy everyday. It's this reason why I admire everything this company does.
I think it is smart, giving the people youtube makes there image much more confident. People will think that google doesn't wan't profit over 'happy people'. But I think its a bigger picture, if people trust a company they will buy more from you. In this case, Google can use more advertising to increase there profit later on.
bitplane
Admin

Post by bitplane »

The more time people spend watching videos online, the less time they spend watching television. As TV moves to the web, the biggest video sites will become the new TV networks, they'll control the advertising on the TV of the 21st century and get all the deals with the shows.
This is Google's ultimate goal with YouTube, they can afford to lose a few million now if it means that they replace TV in the future.
Submit bugs/patches to the tracker!
Need help right now? Visit the chat room
d3jake

Post by d3jake »

MasterGod wrote:
d3jake wrote:I think the idea is brilliant. With that library (I can't remember the name right now..) that lets C++ run in a browser window at least we don't have to wait for the C++ library to be ported to this OS.
http://www.webtoolkit.eu/wt
Schweet! Thanks!
The Open Descent Foundation is always looking for programmers! http://www.odf-online.org
"I'll find out if what I deleted was vital here shortly..." -d3jake
stevetamis

Google Chrome OS

Post by stevetamis »

After reading the article i am interested in the launch of Google Chrome OS because i like the Google chrome browser and awaited for OS to get launched, also keen to know the features of this OS.