Compilation error

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Nextor

Compilation error

Post by Nextor »

Hi you all.

I decided to go back programming with Irrlicht after having had a rest for some years and now when I dowloaded the 1.5.1 versión and tried to compile the examples I've gotten some compiler errors and I seem unable to find what I'm doing wrong. I feel so dumb. :(

I still use VC++ 6.0 and I have set the directories for the header files, irrlicht.lib, and so... When I try to build the 01HelloWorl example I get a lot of compiling errors like:

Code: Select all

Compiling...
main.cpp
Compiling Irrlicht with Visual Studio 6.0, support for DX9 is disabled.
k:\programación\irrlicht-1.5.1\include\scolor.h(279) : error C2780: 'const T &__cdecl irr::core::min_(const T &,const T &,const T &)' : expects 3 arguments - 2 provided
        k:\programación\irrlicht-1.5.1\include\irrmath.h(120) : see declaration of 'min_'
k:\programación\irrlicht-1.5.1\include\scolor.h(279) : error C2782: 'const T &__cdecl irr::core::min_(const T &,const T &)' : template parameter 'T' is ambiguous
        could be 'unsigned int'
        or       'unsigned __int32'
k:\programación\irrlicht-1.5.1\include\scolor.h(280) : error C2780: 'const T &__cdecl irr::core::min_(const T &,const T &,const T &)' : expects 3 arguments - 2 provided
        k:\programación\irrlicht-1.5.1\include\irrmath.h(120) : see declaration of 'min_'
k:\programación\irrlicht-1.5.1\include\scolor.h(280) : error C2782: 'const T &__cdecl irr::core::min_(const T &,const T &)' : template parameter 'T' is ambiguous
        could be 'unsigned int'
        or       'unsigned __int32'
It's so weird.
What the heck am I doing wrong?
Get away from her, you B*TCH !!! - Ellen Ripley
Brkopac

Re: Compilation error

Post by Brkopac »

Nextor wrote:What the heck am I doing wrong?
Using VS6.
Image - The glory days.
Nextor

Re: Compilation error

Post by Nextor »

Brkopac wrote: Using VS6.
Whatever... :roll:
JP

Post by JP »

Don't dismiss what he says, he's probably right! I think Irrlicht no longer supports VC6. You'll be much better upgrading to VS08, tis free and hugely better!
Image Image Image
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Yes, it look slike the VC6 compiler cannot handle the core function templates, or it simply does some dumb macro expansion which breaks that code. You can try to fix it (and even submit a patch), but we won't fix problems that only exist for VC6.
Nextor

Post by Nextor »

OK, you guys, I'll have a look at that. Didn't know that VS8 was free!

Thanks a lot! :D
Seven

Post by Seven »