Multiple Scene Managers

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
theOneAwaited

Multiple Scene Managers

Post by theOneAwaited »

Hey guys!

I have been reading that some people are using multiple scene managers to render their game, while others create one instance of the scene manager and pass it along to other objects.

Is there any advantage to having multiple scene managers? Does it increase FPS or performance in any way?

Thanks in advance!
bitplane
Admin

Post by bitplane »

If you need multiple scenes with per-scene settings (like for example ambient light), you should probably use another scene manager. If you're rendering animated scenes into render targets for use in the GUI, you might also need another scene manager. I wouldn't recommend loading each zone or level into another scene though.
Submit bugs/patches to the tracker!
Need help right now? Visit the chat room
theOneAwaited

Post by theOneAwaited »

hey thanks a lot for the advice. I currently have one instance of my scene manager that I store in my game class and pass it along to all the other objects.
Making another scene manager for playing movies in-game, or gui windows does make a lot of sense.

Thanks!
oli03

Multiple Scene Manager

Post by oli03 »

Hi,

Sorry for that question, but how do you create another SceneManager and assign it to the device ?
I coded a gamestate : IntroState, MenuState, PlayState.
Currently, I share the scenemanager for the three states, but I wanted to have a SceneManager for each state. Is it possible ?

Thanks for reply.
Olivier