is there a tutorial...

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
ours_kodiak

is there a tutorial...

Post by ours_kodiak »

i'm looking for a tutorial to link an animatedscenenode to the bones of onother one....

I've got a Xmesh animated with bones and I'd like to put a weapon (still a Xmesh) for exemple (and it's the exemple i read evry where in the doc) on the arm of my first Xmesh...

is there a tutorial or an exemple of that....(i'm a real newbie and i learn
evrything from the start...)

merci d'avance....
biotech

Post by biotech »

i am looking for some basic tutorial on this too.
just how to use one animated bone....
ich bin ein berliner
Natol

Post by Natol »

I think there should be some more tutorials than what are posted on the main page and in the HOW TO Section.

I mean that these are a great start and you can do alot if you manipulate the examples, but there are still a lot of unanswered questions on how to do things.
Asterisk Man

Post by Asterisk Man »

That's what the documentation's there for :P
gav (at uni)

Post by gav (at uni) »

there is quite a steep learning curve to irrlicht. . especially for those of us who are still getting to grips with the basics of C++. . but its a hell of a lot better than trying to program in directx (as i was before :? )

perhaps someone from the irrlicht community would be willing to write a series of tutorials beginning with simple concepts etc and then moving into more difficult ones (perhaps by request for what people want to see)
blayde

Post by blayde »

there is a function in ir' that lets you do this with milkshape models ( .ms3d )

you could either use that as a base to create your own function for a .x model maybe. or you could export your model to the .ms3d format and just use that.
Midnight

Post by Midnight »

Or maybe,

Is it possable that many of you "noobs" like me for example simply don't understand the structure of the program known as Irrlicht?

I think maybe if you look and try things and learn how to read the API and the source itself (which for me works better then the API for some odd reason) then you will learn all by yourself how and what do what.

and as a note to the first poster...I believe everyone learns from the start my friend :P

unless of course you are a backengineer like myself 8)
saigumi

Post by saigumi »

gav (at uni) wrote:there is quite a steep learning curve to irrlicht. . especially for those of us who are still getting to grips with the basics of C++. . but its a hell of a lot better than trying to program in directx (as i was before :? )

perhaps someone from the irrlicht community would be willing to write a series of tutorials beginning with simple concepts etc and then moving into more difficult ones (perhaps by request for what people want to see)
The way to fix that is to do what I did.

Experiment with the engine to try to get it to do what you want. Keep notes. When you find the solution, write up a tutorial and post it.

99% of the ones I post are created in that manner.
Crud, how do I do this again?