Looking for a 3D Modeler

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding to Image manipulation, 3d modeling and level editing for the Irrlicht engine here.
Buck1000

Looking for a 3D Modeler

Post by Buck1000 »

Is there anybody on this forum that would be willing to turn some drawings into 3D for a FPS game? All the drawings are done by a friend of mine working with me on a game called Aftermath (I'll give you more info if you like), and we're looking for somebody to model them. There would be no pay, but you're name would be in the credits =] The drawings are of futuristic weapons, human-like robots, cyborgs (kinda like Master Chief from the halo series), and vehicles. All are very detailed, so it shouldn't be to hard to model them, and we have top, side and front views. I'll scan some and post them here as an example as soon as I can. (Probably tomorrow)

Anyone interested?
Buck1000

Post by Buck1000 »

Anyone?
GameDude

Post by GameDude »

Nope, not yet. Hopefully someone shows some interest soon. I have a lot of great ideas. I can't really make them though without some graphics, and that's just not my department.
Ravi08

Post by Ravi08 »

Let me giv u two a bit of advice, firstly u will probably not find any1 willin to do ur 3d modellin 4 u, secondly u will hav a better chance of gettin a modeler if u ask in a 3d model forum ie the blender forums.

Lastly im no expert in 3d modellin but i looked up blender and done some tuts and i can use it for my needs, u should giv it a go.
"Hey Baby Wobbling Wobbling"
-Russell Peters
Buck1000

Post by Buck1000 »

Well, maybe this might help -> Here are my scans. Sorry for them being cut off like that, I couldn't stop my scanner from auto-cropping.

An Auto-Turret, and a standard Droid (Enemy)

You climb into the seat, and it works like a suit

A higher ranking class of droid (Enemy)

A vehicle for a small group of rebels

Aircraft for the small group of rebels

One out of many gun drawings I have

Thats gonna be the player. A super soldier in case anyone was wondering =]

Now, would anyone be willing to model some of these for me? Thank you in advance.
Dorth

Post by Dorth »

HAHAHAHAHHA
AAAAAAAAAAHHAahahahha
hahahahahahaha
AAHAHahhaAHAHahhaAHAhhh
ahhhhhh
aha
ahhhhhhhh
Yeah right.
BlindSide
Admin

Post by BlindSide »

If you can draw that well then learning to model in 3D won't be that big of a jump. You may find it only take about 5 times longer to model the droid than it took to draw it.

Read Ravi08's post again he gave you some good advice.
ShadowMapping for Irrlicht!: Get it here
Need help? Come on the IRC!: #irrlicht on irc://irc.freenode.net
Riceman

Post by Riceman »

Then there's rigging and animation....

I don't think Dorth was particularly kind in his reply. However, his sentiment stands; it will be difficult to convince a modeler to spend the time necessary to create a batch of fully rigged and animated models on a game unless he's really invested in the game.
Ben Overmyer
Web Developer, Artist, and Gamer
http://www.manatrance.com
Nvisiongameco

Post by Nvisiongameco »

Hey! Your in luck! Im trying to improve my skills in Blender3d. And, I actually need a project to work on right now... Um, So, if you could email me some details about your project, I would love to join the team.

\Here are a few pictures of some of the things I have modeled, for my own project called Flatline:

http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=168206

So: email me at: nvisiongameco@yahoo.com
Buck1000

Post by Buck1000 »

Well, you have a point there, but it doesn't hurt to try right? And I didn't draw those up, a friend of mine did. (I couldn't draw if my life depended on it, and I can't model for squat either)

I'm gonna go ahead and advertise on the blender forums, but if anyone needs something to practice their modeling skills on, you can just PM me (Thanks Laptev!)

And Nvision, check your email =]