(fixed)avast says my program is a virus :S WTF???

Discussion about everything. New games, 3d math, development tips...
Repgahroll

Post by Repgahroll »

Because i format my Windows partition (at least) once every year, and i scan it before :).

Windows becomes slow and choppy but it's just normal 'cause i install many games on it :D and some autodesk and adobe apps that keeps processes running on background (punkbuster is the worst, i just play once in a week and have to keep it running all the time or the game(s) don't work anymore and i have to reinstall it to work again).

Also, some latest game comes with anti-piracy daemons.

And i also think Windows folder system style so difficult to keep organized, there are lots of folders on different locations that stores application datas, man! They should make a /home/username, and give user the permission to write only this folder, so every configuration would be /home/username/.* , and every binary would lie within /usr/bin or sbin... like in "normal" systems, like Mac OS, Solaris, Linux... Also, windows command line sucks... even Mac OS has a better command line, and i never found someone who ever used it! :D

So, that's how i know. i reinstall windows once every year and scan it (using latest norton or kaspersky) to make sure there was no virus.

BTW; my Linux 32 install has 6 years, and i installed almost the entire Debian repository, and it is still stable and fast as if it were installed yesterday :D.
Windows XP sucks but i can't afford a newer one hehehe.
bitplane
Admin

Post by bitplane »

Yesterday AVG did the same to MilkShape 1.8's Uninstall.exe:

http://virusscan.jotti.org/en/scanresul ... ec577411d4

Sent the exe to AVG and it was fixed within 24 hours, not bad service for a free product!
Submit bugs/patches to the tracker!
Need help right now? Visit the chat room