CUDA / Irrlicht example ?

Discuss about anything related to the Irrlicht Engine, or read announcements about any significant features or usage changes.
yamashi

CUDA / Irrlicht example ?

Post by yamashi »

Hi !

I just thought that I could make a few examples on how to use CUDA and Irrlicht but I want to know if people are interested first (don't feel like doing it for nobody), I would make a N-body simulation, probably a water simulation as well.

If you want an example on something specific or if you are interested don't hesitate to ask ^^

Cheers,
christianclavet

Post by christianclavet »

Yes, that would really be interesting how it could work. How about a little AI example using this? This is the first thing in my mind about using CUDA.
abhishekdey1985

Post by abhishekdey1985 »

I was also thinking of multi-threading the Particle System....The more efficient the particle system...the more the effects can be produced..

But i guess for this the particle system class has to be changed accordingly.
I work on "The Best Real-Time 3D Engine"
yamashi

Post by yamashi »

Sorry for the delay, I just started working on it...
And I will receive Nexus from nvidia soon so I will get working then, I don't feel like wasting hours to debug some stupid mistake right now ^^ and it will be a good occasion to get used to nexus...
Mirror

Post by Mirror »

n-body simulation would be great, especially if it was generic, we could simulate big bang, galaxies, water, smoke and generally particle systems