getCursorControl()->setVisible() sometimes not working

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
bobyBola

getCursorControl()->setVisible() sometimes not working

Post by bobyBola »

i'm using win32 and directx9 for my game, sometimes when i call setVisible(true), the cursor won't show up... from ten times run.... three or two times the cursor won't show up. what happend??
hai adik2 semua mari kita belajar sambil bermain bersama saya si BOBBY BOLA di edugames bermacam pelajaran bisa didapat ad berhitung menggambar mewarnai tidak ketinggalan dapat belajar nyanyi juga belajar huruf angka & logika bersama BOBBY BOLA semua bisa
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Maybe you're not using Irrlicht 1.6 - we did add some fixes for cursor and Win32 device.
Lonesome Ducky
Competition winner

Post by Lonesome Ducky »

If you're including windows.h, you could always do

Code: Select all

ShowCursor(true);
CuteAlien
Admin

Post by CuteAlien »

Lonesome Ducky wrote:If you're including windows.h, you could always do

Code: Select all

ShowCursor(true);
That's more or less what Irrlicht is doing now. Actually it calls ShowCursor(true) as long until it is visible, as cursors use a counter on Windows.

But there had been problems with Irrlicht before 1.6, as the state did sometimes not switch while a mouse-button was pressed. If it is a problem with 1.6 it would be great to have some code to reproduce this problem.
IRC: #irrlicht on irc.libera.chat
Code snippet repository: https://github.com/mzeilfelder/irr-playground-micha
Free racer made with Irrlicht: http://www.irrgheist.com/hcraftsource.htm