GUI Editor crashes

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
knapshots

GUI Editor crashes

Post by knapshots »

guys the gui editor crashes when i press the save button
why is that happening help!!!!
Virion
Competition winner

Re: GUI Editor crashes

Post by Virion »

knapshots wrote:guys the gui editor crashes when i press the save button
why is that happening help!!!!
i think the gui editor is outdated i suppose.
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

No, the GUI editor is always kept up-to-date. We just fixed the edit box bug in Irrlicht 1.6. But to be honest, I never saved something from the editor :P I'll check later.
DtD

Post by DtD »

Wow, I never realized the GUI editor worked :lol: I had always assumed it was a work in progress because the window was empty except for the environment/editor tabs. Never tried right-clicking before :roll:

Anyway, saving seems to work for me. It just automatically saved it to "guiTest.xml" in the folder the example was in. Maybe you don't have write access in the folder or something?

~DtD
cheshirekow

Post by cheshirekow »

I've used the GUI editor a lot. I also experienced it crashing when using GUI elements from the second factory (Factory 1), though it seems that as long as you stick to the standard gui elements from the first factory (Default Factory) it wont crash when you save. Try using only Default Factory elements and see if that helps.

The GUI editor may be kept up to date but it's very primitive, and very buggy. A new bug in 1.6: you have to type everything backwards! Oh well, it's still a lot quicker than building up the guis by hand or in code.
Nox

Post by Nox »

Another solution: I build myGUI with the basic on the fly in game with a GUIEditorControl: http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/ ... highlight=
It does not really support much options and have to be improved massively but anyway it works for placing the elements :)
knapshots

Post by knapshots »

thanks guys for the help i am now using the gui editor as mentioned only with the controls in the default factory list and well it seems to work atleast for now