Vertex Array and Indexes

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Lonesome Ducky
Competition winner

Post by Lonesome Ducky »

Ah duh, what was I thinking? But even then, the memory cost is still relatively small.
wowdevver24

Post by wowdevver24 »

whatever you do do not try this in the terrain demo or with heightmapped terrain

Code: Select all

terrain->getMesh()->getMeshBuffer(terrain->getMesh()->getMeshBufferCount())->getVertexCount();
For some bizzare reason it crashes the app with an access violation, I have no clue why this is but it's definately not good
Remember all information is contextual and if I do not understand the context I cannot gras the information
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Hey strange guy. You were told so many times not to resurrect old threads. Your code is simply wrong, why do you post such things? Of course this crashes, you access one mesh buffer too far. Moreover, read the terrain demo, then you get the correct code to access vertex data from terrain.
BTW: completely useless posts in too old threads are deleted without further notice, please don't complain about this fact.