Invisible Billboards and particle in DIRECTX

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
knightoflight

Invisible Billboards and particle in DIRECTX

Post by knightoflight »

Hi community,
now im sure, my old PC is mad. When i take the normal FX-example the billboard of the light and the fire-particles are not visible in DIRECTX8/9, if i change to OPENGL everything works. I checked the PATH, i took a fresh irrlicht.dll from download, i installed new DIRECTX9. Magical/spooky. Someone can give me a tip, wheres the bug in my PC ?

greetings
knightoflight
Last edited by knightoflight on Thu May 05, 2005 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cleves

Post by Cleves »

It may be a problem with your drivers...check your graphics card drivers and try to install the latest ones.
calimero

Post by calimero »

have you make a test with axialbillboard with irrlichtnx ?
Because the rendering code is similar but not the same as billboard. it may help to see if you have also a directx/opengl delta with these nodes too.
knightoflight

Post by knightoflight »

i reinstalled the driver, no change,
now i found in the compiled examples in the bin-directory it still works, only if i compile not. My feeling is that it dont works after i tested DevC++ and Relo/Microsoft Toolkit 2003. Is it possible that the Toolkit collides with Visual Studio ?
knightoflight

Post by knightoflight »

i found - through all my compile-tests with devc++ and mafiasofttoolkit the lib was bad :(
now it works again :-)