[MOG] Project "Brake" Need more programmers

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
bhbtti

[MOG] Project "Brake" Need more programmers

Post by bhbtti »

PROJECT IS ALREADY IN DEVELOPMENT. WE ARE JUST SEEKING NEW MEMBERS.

*Also the Audio department is not on the Talent Needed list yet, but will be available shortly.

Team name:

Project name:
Brak3

Brief description:
Sometime in the future...
With the world torn to shreds by the war to end all wars, a new society is born. Five nation-states arise from the ashes of the old world; together, they control all of the earth's landmass. The leaders of these states gather in a peace conference in New Paris to determine how to run this new world.

Their goal: prevent the self-eradication of the human race. Unfortunately, the meeting is a complete failure. With the world mostly destroyed in the war, and no significant weapons to sway power from nation to another, the nation-states turn to competitive racing to determine who controls the remaining habitable areas of the world.

Target aim:
Retail,Ideal plan is a Flat Fee of $50 dollars and the (optional) buying a server.

Compensation:
We cannot pay at the moment but we are discussing with a few investors about developing contracts for part time/ full time work.

Technology:
Target system - PC(Windows,OSX,Linux)
Programming language - C++
Artist tools - Maya, 3DS Max, Blender,Photoshop,Gimp
Sound tools - Programs used by the music producers: Fl Studio etc
Physics Sdk - Bullet
Music Lib - Irrklang
Rendering Engine - Irrlicht
Database - Mysql
Website Language - php,html

Talent needed:
[size=24pt]Positions[/size]

[size=18pt]Programming Department[/size]

Game physics programmer
The physics programmer is dedicated to developing the physics "Brake" will employ.

Artificial intelligence programmer
The AI programmer will develop the logic the game uses to carry out a large number of actions.

Graphics programmer
Will have a firm grasp of advanced mathematical concepts such as vector and matrix math, quaternions and linear algebra. Also
specialize in developing and modifying complex 3D graphic renderer's.

Sound programmer
Will have a firm understanding of digital signal processing and will implement features like 3D positional sound.

Gameplay programmer
A gameplay programmer focuses more on a game's strategy and the "feel" of a game and they will inevitably be involved with more specialized areas of the game's development such as graphics,sound and physics.

Scripter
The scripter will deal with things like cinematic events, enemy behavior and game objectives.

UI programmer
this programmer is more likely to develop advanced UI systems may allow scripting and special effects, such as transparency, animation or particle effects for the controls.

Input programmer
This programmer writes the code specifying how input devices such as a keyboard, mouse or joystick affect the game.

Network programmer
This programmer writes code that allows players to compete against each other (or play together) connected via a LAN or the Internet (or in rarer cases, directly connected via modem). Programmers implementing this feature of a game can spend all their time on this one task. Network programming is one of the most challenging game programming roles. These programmers have to deal with network latency, packet compression, and dropped or interrupted connections. Though this type of programming can consume the entire development process, network programming is often put off until the last few months of development, adding additional difficulties to this role.

Game tools programmer
The tools programmer can make game development heaven or unbearably difficult. Tools are used on almost every game for tasks such as scripting, importing or converting art, modifying behaviors or building levels.

Porting programmer
These programmers will port the game from one platform to another.

Generalist
Generalist will take on the various other roles as needed. Generalists are often engaged in the task of tracking down bugs and determining which subsystem expertise is required to fix them.

Lead game programmer
The lead programmer is ultimately in charge of all programming for the game. It is their job to make sure the various submodules of the game are being implemented properly and to keep track of development from a programming standpoint. A person in this role usually transitions from other aspects of game programming to this role after several years of experience. Despite the title, this person usually has less time for writing code than other programmers on the project as they are required to attend meetings and interface with the client or other leads on the game. However, the lead programmer is still expected to program at least some of the time and is also expected to be knowledgeable in most technical areas of the game.

[size=18pt]Art Department[/size]

Art Director
Manages the art department.

Lead Artists
Often know how to build, animate, and texture with a combination of personnel skills and scheduling.

Lead Animators
Are also experienced in pipelines and guiding other animators.

Lead Concept Artists
Are traditional artists who work on character, vehicle design and storyboard artwork while directing the art team.

Character/Vehicle Artists
Makes 3D models and sometimes textures.

Texture Artists
Handle's texture aspects such as assets, mapping, and light baking.

Skin Artists
Applies 2D texture maps to 2D and 3D character, vehicle and object models.

Character/Vehicle Animators
Specialize in art frames with specialization in 2D and 3D movement.

Technical Artists
Master shaders, animation rigs, scripts, asset properties, imports, and lighting.

Environment Artists
Model's and texture landscapes, structures, and objects.

UI Artists
Design user interfaces for gameplay.

FX Artists
Specialize in Visual FX and must know scripting, 3D programs, particle systems, and game engines.

Cinematic Artists
Work's in high quality real time graphics.

A.Programmer(1) - Are responsible to keep the website up-to-date also to program all the necessary code needed for a dynamic webpage/interactive.
Requirements - can show previous work which involves website programming or similar
B. Designers (2) - Are responsible to design the template of the website and all pages required for the programmers.
Requirements - can show previous website designing templates

Team structure:

Art Department:
Modeler/Owner/Designer - Daniel, since start
Modeler- cody
Modeler - Zbigniew, 2-3 weeks - modeler who is doing environment modeling.
Modeler - Ethan, since start - modeler who is doing prop/environment modeling.
Modeler/level designer - Krag
modeler/props - nitishki
Art Director/Concept Artist(Environments) Psi New to team
Concept Artist(vehicle Designer) Red New to team
Lead Concept Artist/vehicle designer - Carbon
Lead Music Director - Adam , since start - who the music artist will report to.

Music Producer - Eric, 3-4 months - who is making in game tracks/trailer.

Music Producer - BenBrocket,2-3 months - who is making in game tracks/trailer and sfx.

Music Producer - Kiiryui , - 1,2 months - who is making in game tracks.

and few others....

Website Programmer - Sabstein, 1-2 months - who is going to program the website once a agreed template is made.

Lead Programmer - William, from start - who the programmers reports to and contact for svn info etc...

Graphics Programmer/linux support - Bush,1-2 months - who is responsible for the shaders in irrlicht and anything graphic related.

Physics Programmer - Jinx, 3 weeks - who is responsible for programming the physics thats needed in game doc.

Physics/game play Programmer - Patrick, 2-3 months - who is responsible for gameplay and some of physics.

Network Programmer - Armen, 3 weeks - who is responsible for all gui programming.

Programmer/Designer - Michael
Owner/Programmer/Designer - Brion , me and Daniel started company

www.badastudios.com

Contacts:
jobs@badastudios.com

Previous Work by Team:
Each individual have done their own projects either for another Professional studios or personal project.

Additional Info:

Some of our art
http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z320 ... Render.png
http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/8210/35489443.png

This is 20% completed level.
http://imagebin.org/87427

Positive Feedback Only
www.badastudios.com Bringing next gen games with the Irrlicht Engine
sash
Competition winner

Post by sash »

Still unclear what is a player's goal, and which genre of game it will be ? A simulator, a racing arcade, drive-shooter?

And please, do not take it as "negative" feedback, but I'd rather reconsider the setting: during the (post-)war times societies and states is concentrated mostly on food and weapons, but not on racing cars.
Ulf

Post by Ulf »

Having never made a game before, I'd drop about 25 people from the team and make Tetris, Pacman, or maybe some kind of space shoot'em up, at the best! Drop all the graphic designers but 1 or 2 and make something more simple.
If anyone in the team has made a whole game before, they should design the game engine.

Having a programmer for every aspect of the game, you have to have a concrete idea about making the game.
If you haven't made games, or many games, I'm 100% that you will constantly need to refactor your code as you progress.

It sounds too hopeful having 20 or 30 "unpaid" team members working together from scratch to create a game. To me, that sounds like a pipe dream.
I can hear birds chirping
:twisted:

I live in the Eye of Insanity.
ErUs

Post by ErUs »

bhbtti, whats your job on the team? What technical experience do you have?
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

everytime there is an MMO project announcement, i will hope that it's a real project - I mean, real company that is seeking for talents here for paid jobs. but everytime i'm disappointed.

anyway good luck with ya project.
sash
Competition winner

Post by sash »

Ulf wrote:If anyone in the team has made a whole game before, they should design the game engine.
Absolutely! I believe for a startup lead programmer should not be responsible for svn and reports, but for the core - a game engine including graphics, physics and network (we're about MOG) put together.

If you already have a game engine, please, provide some details, if not - drop all artworks, sounds, gui, etc. until the time you feel your core works.
Ok, let it's not a Pacman :) but f.i. simple driveable boxes with network support (MOG) - that's close to how I started with my driving simulator (in fact - a paid job).
At this point (if you'll reach it) you'll probably reconsider your initial technology and staff lists.

And yes, if you had no experience, I believe working Pacman is better than another 10%ready non-working abandonware.
CuteAlien
Admin

Post by CuteAlien »

+1 for Pacman
IRC: #irrlicht on irc.libera.chat
Code snippet repository: https://github.com/mzeilfelder/irr-playground-micha
Free racer made with Irrlicht: http://www.irrgheist.com/hcraftsource.htm
bhbtti

Post by bhbtti »

@all :P
No disrespect but the purpose of this thread is to gain members not stating if they can develop the project or not.

"Again no disrespect"
We all have created games before and it seems every time someone post a project, it is always some type of negative feedback stating it's impossible to do something but it's not.

@whom it may concern
Its a Arcade racing game.

@virion
I will post updates as we get it available.
www.badastudios.com Bringing next gen games with the Irrlicht Engine