Massive Code Blocks problem!!!

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Jumach

Massive Code Blocks problem!!!

Post by Jumach »

I know this is probably for Irrlicht but maybe someone can help me! I'm desperate at this point.

I get this when I try to build and run anything:

-------------- Build: Debug in test ---------------

Linking console executable: bin\Debug\test.exe
/mingw/lib/libstdc++.a: file not recognized: Not enough space
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 0 seconds)
0 errors, 0 warnings

I've never had this problem before and it just started happening. One build worked fine the next time it told me my project needed to be built even though I always use the "Build and Run" button. It asks me if I want to build it now.
d3jake

Post by d3jake »

This error means that for some reason your compiler\linker cannot find libstdc++.a. Assuming you haven't moved files around or installed\uninstalled any packages or programs, then I haven't got clue one why this may have happened "out of the blue."
The Open Descent Foundation is always looking for programmers! http://www.odf-online.org
"I'll find out if what I deleted was vital here shortly..." -d3jake
Jumach

Post by Jumach »

Totally out the blue. Still no clue why but at least I'm still able to build and run the examples. I can open and run the example cpb but if I make ANY changes it stops working.
d3jake

Post by d3jake »

What have you tried, if anything, to fix it? Have you tried to reinstall codeblocks? Have you searched the codeblocks forums for a similar issue? Can you compile any other programs (outside of Irrlicht)?
The Open Descent Foundation is always looking for programmers! http://www.odf-online.org
Jumach

Post by Jumach »

After I re-install Code Blocks for 4th time I now get a slew of new errors. Enjoy!

-------------- Build: Windows in Irrlicht Example 02 Quake Map ---------------

Linking console executable: ..\..\bin\Win32-gcc\Quake3Map.exe
.objs\main.o: In function `_ZN3irr4core12irrAllocatorIwE15internal_deleteEPv':
C:/TOP SECRET/irrlicht-1.7.1/examples/02.Quake3Map/../../include/irrAllocator.h:(.text+0xd): undefined reference to `std::string::size() const'
C:/TOP SECRET/irrlicht-1.7.1/examples/02.Quake3Map/../../include/irrAllocator.h:(.text+0x60): undefined reference to `std::string::operator[](unsigned int) const'
C:/TOP SECRET/irrlicht-1.7.1/examples/02.Quake3Map/../../include/irrAllocator.h:(.text+0x9e): undefined reference to `std::string::operator[](unsigned int) const'
C:/TOP SECRET/irrlicht-1.7.1/examples/02.Quake3Map/../../include/irrAllocator.h:(.text+0xcc): undefined reference to `std::string::operator[](unsigned int) const'
.objs\main.o: In function `main':
C:/TOP SECRET/irrlicht-1.7.1/examples/02.Quake3Map/main.cpp:43: undefined reference to `___gxx_personality_sj0'
C:/TOP SECRET/irrlicht-1.7.1/examples/02.Quake3Map/main.cpp:65: undefined reference to `std::cin'
C:/TOP SECRET/irrlicht-1.7.1/examples/02.Quake3Map/main.cpp:65: undefined reference to `std::basic_istream<char, std::char_traits<char> >& std::operator>><char, std::char_traits<char> >(std::basic_istream<char, std::char_traits<char> >&, char&)'
.objs\main.o: In function `_Z41__static_initialization_and_destruction_0ii':
C:/Program Files (x86)/CodeBlocks/MinGW/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.5/../../../../include/c++/3.4.5/iostream:77: undefined reference to `std::ios_base::Init::Init()'
C:/Program Files (x86)/CodeBlocks/MinGW/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.5/../../../../include/c++/3.4.5/iostream:77: undefined reference to `std::ios_base::Init::~Init()'
C:/TOP SECRET/irrlicht-1.7.1/examples/02.Quake3Map/../../include/irrAllocator.h:(.text$_ZN3irr4core6stringIcNS0_12irrAllocatorIcEEED1Ev[irr::core::string<char, irr::core::irrAllocator<char> >::~string()]+0xc): undefined reference to `___gxx_personality_sj0'
C:/TOP SECRET/irrlicht-1.7.1/examples/02.Quake3Map/../../include/irrAllocator.h:(.text$_ZN3irr4core6stringIwNS0_12irrAllocatorIwEEED1Ev[irr::core::string<wchar_t, irr::core::irrAllocator<wchar_t> >::~string()]+0xc): undefined reference to `___gxx_personality_sj0'
C:/TOP SECRET/irrlicht-1.7.1/examples/02.Quake3Map/../../include/irrAllocator.h:(.text$_ZN3irr4core6stringIcNS0_12irrAllocatorIcEEEC1IcEEPKT_[irr::core::string<char, irr::core::irrAllocator<char> >::string<char>(char const*)]+0xc): undefined reference to `___gxx_personality_sj0'
C:/TOP SECRET/irrlicht-1.7.1/examples/02.Quake3Map/../../include/irrAllocator.h:(.text$_ZN3irr4core6stringIwNS0_12irrAllocatorIwEEEC1IwEEPKT_[irr::core::string<wchar_t, irr::core::irrAllocator<wchar_t> >::string<wchar_t>(wchar_t const*)]+0xc): undefined reference to `___gxx_personality_sj0'
C:/TOP SECRET/irrlicht-1.7.1/examples/02.Quake3Map/../../include/irrAllocator.h:(.text$_ZN3irr4core6stringIwNS0_12irrAllocatorIwEEEC1IcEEPKT_[irr::core::string<wchar_t, irr::core::irrAllocator<wchar_t> >::string<char>(char const*)]+0xc): undefined reference to `___gxx_personality_sj0'
.objs\main.o:C:/TOP SECRET/irrlicht-1.7.1/examples/02.Quake3Map/../../include/irrAllocator.h:(.text$_ZN3irr4core6stringIwNS0_12irrAllocatorIwEEEpLEi[irr::core::string<wchar_t, irr::core::irrAllocator<wchar_t> >::operator+=(int)]+0xc): more undefined references to `___gxx_personality_sj0' follow
C:/TOP SECRET/irrlicht-1.7.1/examples/02.Quake3Map/../../include/irrAllocator.h:(.text$_ZN3irr4core12irrAllocatorIcED1Ev[irr::core::irrAllocator<char>::~irrAllocator()]+0x22): undefined reference to `operator delete(void*)'
C:/TOP SECRET/irrlicht-1.7.1/examples/02.Quake3Map/../../include/irrAllocator.h:(.text$_ZN3irr4core12irrAllocatorIwED1Ev[irr::core::irrAllocator<wchar_t>::~irrAllocator()]+0x22): undefined reference to `operator delete(void*)'
C:/TOP SECRET/irrlicht-1.7.1/examples/02.Quake3Map/../../include/irrAllocator.h:(.text$_ZN3irr4core6stringIwNS0_12irrAllocatorIwEEEC1Ei[irr::core::string<wchar_t, irr::core::irrAllocator<wchar_t> >::string(int)]+0xc): undefined reference to `___gxx_personality_sj0'
C:/TOP SECRET/irrlicht-1.7.1/examples/02.Quake3Map/../../include/irrAllocator.h:(.text$_ZN3irr4core12irrAllocatorIcE15internal_deleteEPv[irr::core::irrAllocator<char>::internal_delete(void*)]+0xd): undefined reference to `operator delete(void*)'
C:/TOP SECRET/irrlicht-1.7.1/examples/02.Quake3Map/../../include/irrAllocator.h:(.text$_ZN3irr4core12irrAllocatorIcE12internal_newEj[irr::core::irrAllocator<char>::internal_new(unsigned int)]+0xd): undefined reference to `operator new(unsigned int)'
C:/TOP SECRET/irrlicht-1.7.1/examples/02.Quake3Map/../../include/irrAllocator.h:(.text$_ZN3irr4core12irrAllocatorIcED0Ev[irr::core::irrAllocator<char>::~irrAllocator()]+0x22): undefined reference to `operator delete(void*)'
C:/TOP SECRET/irrlicht-1.7.1/examples/02.Quake3Map/../../include/irrAllocator.h:(.text$_ZN3irr4core12irrAllocatorIwE15internal_deleteEPv[irr::core::irrAllocator<wchar_t>::internal_delete(void*)]+0xd): undefined reference to `operator delete(void*)'
C:/TOP SECRET/irrlicht-1.7.1/examples/02.Quake3Map/../../include/irrAllocator.h:(.text$_ZN3irr4core12irrAllocatorIwE12internal_newEj[irr::core::irrAllocator<wchar_t>::internal_new(unsigned int)]+0xd): undefined reference to `operator new(unsigned int)'
C:/TOP SECRET/irrlicht-1.7.1/examples/02.Quake3Map/../../include/irrAllocator.h:(.text$_ZN3irr4core12irrAllocatorIwED0Ev[irr::core::irrAllocator<wchar_t>::~irrAllocator()]+0x22): undefined reference to `operator delete(void*)'
C:/TOP SECRET/irrlicht-1.7.1/examples/02.Quake3Map/../../include/irrAllocator.h:(.rdata$_ZTIN3irr4core12irrAllocatorIcEE[typeinfo for irr::core::irrAllocator<char>]+0x0): undefined reference to `vtable for __cxxabiv1::__class_type_info'
C:/TOP SECRET/irrlicht-1.7.1/examples/02.Quake3Map/../../include/irrAllocator.h:(.rdata$_ZTIN3irr4core12irrAllocatorIwEE[typeinfo for irr::core::irrAllocator<wchar_t>]+0x0): undefined reference to `vtable for __cxxabiv1::__class_type_info'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 2 seconds)
25 errors, 0 warnings

This is just from the quake map example. I've made no changes to this file.

I get errors in a locale_facets.tcc file if I run a super basic Hello World program. I'm talking the default 10 lines of code.
CuteAlien
Admin

Post by CuteAlien »

Undefined references for standard libraries - that's really strange, those are usually linked by default. Maybe that "Not enough space" means your hard-disc is full (really wild guess...)?

Do you use the codeblocks project files from the examples folder?
IRC: #irrlicht on irc.libera.chat
Code snippet repository: https://github.com/mzeilfelder/irr-playground-micha
Free racer made with Irrlicht: http://www.irrgheist.com/hcraftsource.htm
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Are you using gcc instead of g++ (or did you force C compilation over C++?). Anyway, this is no bug with Irrlicht and hence goes back to beginner's section.
randomMesh

Post by randomMesh »

Jumach wrote:C:/TOP SECRET/
"MinGW may have problems with paths containing spaces, and if not, usually other programs used with MinGW will experience problems with such paths."

http://www.mingw.org/wiki/Getting_Started
"Whoops..."
Jumach

Post by Jumach »

Really? Good to know. I'll fix that immediately. Sweet file name though, right? It's super inconspicuous.
d3jake

Post by d3jake »

Well? Did this suggestion fix anything?