Using Irrlicht with VB.net

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
CenTroniX

Using Irrlicht with VB.net

Post by CenTroniX »

Hello,

(sorry for my bad english)

i am very new in Irrlicht.
I'm looking about a 2D/3D-Engine for easy to use with VB.net. At the moment i dont want change to C/C++. I have a little experience in SDL with SDL.net.

My Project ist a Simulation of a Modell-Railway with special Properties, that can't find on the market.

If Irrlicht usable with VB.net, then i need link to Example/Tutorials for VB.net please.
Also iam looking for Helpers for Graphics and Modells, my special job is (Remote)Control-Software like Bots for Online-Games (e.g. Darkorbit)

Greetings,
CenTroniX
DtD

Post by DtD »

Irrlicht.net is pretty much dead, iirc there are some third-party versions but I have no idea on the status of those.

Just learn C++, you'll be doing yourself a huge favor =)
randomMesh

Re: Using Irrlicht with VB.net

Post by randomMesh »

CenTroniX wrote:my special job is (Remote)Control-Software like Bots for Online-Games (e.g. Darkorbit)
Get a life, dude.
"Whoops..."
grunt

Post by grunt »

http://github.com/zaki/irrlicht.netcp/downloads is where you can download the newest binaries for the wrapper. It is a version behind though. I have been using it with my terrain editor program.
CenTroniX

Post by CenTroniX »

randomMesh wrote:
CenTroniX wrote:my special job is (Remote)Control-Software like Bots for Online-Games (e.g. Darkorbit)
Get a life, dude.
Sorry, i can't translate it (german)
CenTroniX

Post by CenTroniX »

grunt wrote:http://github.com/zaki/irrlicht.netcp/downloads is where you can download the newest binaries for the wrapper. It is a version behind though. I have been using it with my terrain editor program.
thx, i take a look a it ....
Alastriona

Post by Alastriona »

If you have a .net wrapper you will be able to use Irrlicht from any .net language. I very much doubt there would be any tutorials for using Irrlicht with VB.NET though. I'm not convinced that language lends itself very well to 3d application development.

If you think C++ is too big of a step from VB.NET I suggest trying to learn C#. Though as other people have said, you can't guarentee the status of 3rd party wrappers. And they will always be a step behind on the c++ engine.
randomMesh

Post by randomMesh »

CenTroniX wrote:
randomMesh wrote:
Get a life, dude.
Sorry, i can't translate it (german)
According to the terms and conditions, the use of bots is not allowed. That's because the guys play for real money. 10,000€ per month.

Means you should grow up and think about your criminal activities.
"Whoops..."
CenTroniX

Post by CenTroniX »

My Bots are not Public, are only Study-Projects for my self. The Game-Publisher knows my actions and i helped to make the game saver and better.