hammer editor and irrlicht

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
blueman

hammer editor and irrlicht

Post by blueman »

Ive been half an hour searchiong throught the forums and found many threads about this matter, but non resolve my problem.

Ive been using Valve hammer editor (VHE) for 2 years now, and i dont see any diferences between both formats if its not in the .cfg you use when you compile them (each game has their own).

My question now is:

If pple say that hl maps give problems with irrlicht, otr just dont work, could it be posible its because irrlicht uses quake3.cfg? If this is not the case, whats the real problem?

I usually compile using a batch of my own. Its imposible to compile a map to work in an engine if you dont use a .cfg so my other question is:

Does irrlicht provide a cfg of their own or is there the posibility to create your own .cfg for your own game?
niko
Site Admin

Post by niko »

The engine does not use a .cfg file at all. It simply reads the .bsp file.
blueman

Post by blueman »

ok. Then the only problem is to get the bsp compiled. I guess it needs the quake3 tools to compile (qrad, qbsp, qvis, etc...). Am i right? someone got it to work?