Irrlicht addon

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Vamp

Irrlicht addon

Post by Vamp »

Hi,
I'd like to know your opinion for my "problem". I have chosen Irrlicht as a theme for my school work, I am supposed to create some addon for irrlicht. It could be wrapper for 3D glasses or something like this, or it could be set of new special effects, some editor etc. What do you think could be the good thing for this work? What is not implemented in Irrlicht and would be good to be? Thank you
JP

Post by JP »

Well you've got yourself three good options there already... A 3D glasses on would be quite fun to do I think... Some people have had a go at that already on the forum so you'd have something to reference and there are obviously lots of special effects and editors that have been made on the forum you could look into.
Image Image Image
Vamp

Post by Vamp »

I made anaglyph rendering with tutorials and examples that were written on this forum. Then I think I made a support for shutter glasses. But is ok what I think?
I render scene from two cameras, once it is renderd for left eye and then for right eye. These two images stil rotate (one eye for one render pass). I think shutter glasses should display the right image. Is my idea good? Shouldn't I increase framerate (I don't know how to do this, may be I render the scene twice in one render pass).