Deploying Irrlicht on Xbox and PS2?

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
chanalle

Deploying Irrlicht on Xbox and PS2?

Post by chanalle »

Hi,

Our company will be kickstarting development of a console game this Dec. We are now evaluating game engines from both the commercial sources and open sources.

One of the requirements of the game engine is its ability to help us deploy the solution on both the Xbox and PS2. There are a few commercial solutions (Gamebryo from NDL, Vision from Vulpine and Blimey from Climax) that provide this capability, but most of them are very highly priced.

We have also looked into quite a few open source game engines. Feature-wise, many of these open source solutions are comparable to the commercial solutions, but none of them seem to specifically mention whether or not their solution can be deployed on Xbox and PS2.

Pardon my ignorance, but am I right to say that there are a lot more work to be done in order for Irrlicht to work on Xbox and PS2? If so, would someone be kind enough to outline the steps involved? Any web resources I may refer to with reference to enabling Irrlicht to work on Xbox and PS2?

Thanks for the help,
Allen :D
niko
Site Admin

Post by niko »

For XBox, it is not that much work. I already have talked to people who made the engine run on the XBox succesfully. For PS2, I don't know.