BEST 3D ENGINE

Discuss about anything related to the Irrlicht Engine, or read announcements about any significant features or usage changes.
damn...

BEST 3D ENGINE

Post by damn... »

Damn... :shock:

http://www.divideconcept.net/index.php? ... /index.php

Download the video, read descripion
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

I take it you've just come here to pimp the engine? I don't find that particularly sporting. Aside from that, that movie is ALL there is. And it's not THAT impressive really. I'll reserve judgment till they've got an actual tech demo up and running.
damn...

Post by damn... »

it's just the first demo from the new divide's engine. Don't worry, others demos will comes.
I find it very very imprsessive.
to the end, we will see 1 000 000 000 polygons (he says)
Bryan Abrams

Post by Bryan Abrams »

thats not impressive at all.
erSitzt

BEST POST EVER...

Post by erSitzt »

In the end there will be 1.000.000.000 lines of crap...
Hardwarespecs in signatures suck !

Post by Guest »

i dont see whats so "damn" impressive about this...if you just came here to promote your engine, go bother someone else (!)
Robomaniac

Post by Robomaniac »

You can do that poop in irrlicht too. ITs all just shaders.
The Robomaniac
Project Head / Lead Programmer
Centaur Force
knightoflight

Post by knightoflight »

you dont give a damn about it, or we dont give a damn about it ?
sorry baby, but i tried and cant see anything cause there are active contents that i blocked in browser and firewall and i dont take my security down...
divide

Post by divide »

Sorry for the "troll" effect..
I'm the author of this engine and it has never been my intention to talk about it on another 3d engine community.
Sorry if that guys caused trouble, you're work deserve respect.
Moreover my engine is far from being finished (however it does already show some pretty cool displacement calculation, which promise a lot).

Keep on supporting the community with Irrlicht Engine, good job !

Post by Guest »

Before the Flame-fest gets into a real fight, I'd like to say that it's actually impressive.
I heard about Vancover based firm developing a new approach to Graphics programming. That's like per-pixel displacement method in this engine. So I guess these are first steps in that direction. If this method is actually faster than the ones that are used in Irrlicht or other engines, than there is nothing to be ashamed, C'est La vie, technology changes. I'll surely be watching the development of this new engine now. It's only in early stages and may fail.

My 2 cents.
Shai-Tan

Post by Shai-Tan »

sorry, forgot to log on!
erSitzt

Post by erSitzt »

Talking about other engines is no problem, we all are interested in other engines and technology ( Robomaniac is actually using ogre... ), but we want information and not those "BEST **** EVER !!!" threads.

If you make progress with your engine feel free to post information :)
Hardwarespecs in signatures suck !
Divide

Post by Divide »

Shai-Tan do you have more informations about this Vancover based firm ? I'd be interested to compare my method and theirs.