Autobanning and forums

Discussion about everything. New games, 3d math, development tips...
eye776

Autobanning and forums

Post by eye776 »

I'm just ranting. sorry for using the forum's bandwidth and storage space.

A few hours ago I got a 14 day auto-ban (second most severe) on a gamer forum, for providing directions on how to "unstick" a certain game at a certain point - answered a question by someone just because (reasons stated):

- Mentioned some registry keys that had to be modified
- Used an euphenism for "n*cd p**ch"

Even though I mentioned that I have a store bought, original, with receipt copy.

That forum is very strict, and now not only I cannot appeal, but after the 14 days have passed I will get a big fat symbol along the lines of "I am a pi**te and spoke about w**ez".

PS: Sorry for the censorship, but I'm a bit paranoid about lexical auto-banners today.
Lonesome Ducky
Competition winner

Post by Lonesome Ducky »

I'm not aware of any autobanning measures on this forums. Heck, we still have problems with spammers! I for one, think forums are well with in their limits to ban you for anything against the rules states, cuz, heck, you should've read them right? :lol:
eye776

Post by eye776 »

I don't disagree with the forum's rights to ban anyone for anything, but then again, to be fair, the asker of a question warranting such an answer should be banned as well, right? Otherwise honeypot forum much? (Glad I don't live in the US... or France...)
Midnight

Post by Midnight »

wtf does the US or France have to do with this??

There are no autobanners here except the mods and they seem to put up with my shhit pretty well.

Yeah I think USA or France are probably the LEAST likely to ban like the babies that do these days. I'm guessing that you're talking about laws that would shut down the forums for illegal poop... America has the first amendment dude... don't look at me.