System Requirements ?????

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Drake

System Requirements ?????

Post by Drake »

hi there

I have few qustions:

1) what are System Requirements

2) what type games you can make in IE

3) how stable is present version of IE

4) is IE similar to 3D game studio(commercial) or Reality Factory(freeware)

5) when you planning to finish it
DarkWhoppy

Post by DarkWhoppy »

Err,

1.) It's according to the game.

2.) ANY! (from what I know of... you gotta do the programming ;))

3.) All versions (from what I know of...)

4.) ITS FREEWARE, COMMERCIAL OR NONCOMMERCIAL DOESN't MATTER.(read the license http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/license.html )

5.) I don't think Niko has a planned date, if he does maybe someone will reply to this with the answer.

6.) Why didn't you search around the site for these answers?

Not trying to be rude or anything... but the answers are right there on the main page. The link "License" is right there on the left. :roll: ... it shouldn't take more than 10-15 minutes to find them all. :P Search the forums too.
Drake

Post by Drake »

i read licence, in question 4 I was't asking it is freeware or commercial but it is like those two programs(3DGameStudio or Reality Factory those two are Games authoring systems) or is completly something different :?: (perhaps like darkbasic or blitz3D)
[dx/x]=HUNT3R

Post by [dx/x]=HUNT3R »

Irrlicht is more like DarkBasic. Except that Irrlicht is only a graphics engine and only provides function calls in C++ that will allow you to more easily create a game. You still need to know how to program in C++.
DarkWhoppy

Post by DarkWhoppy »

I know what 3DGS is.. I have A5. And DarkBASIC is similar to Irrlicht, in way. 8)