[SOLVED] broken lighting on models

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding to Image manipulation, 3d modeling and level editing for the Irrlicht engine here.
Murloc992

Post by Murloc992 »

B@z wrote:thanks, that worked.
well i did a bit different (i use msq for modelling, there i duplicated the faces->extrude a bit, invert, and banzaaai)
still not perfect, but not that ugly. thanks for the help guys ^^
Why use metaseq while you can do everything in blender? :?
B@z

Post by B@z »

weell i couldnt do this extrude thing in blender.. it had extrude, but wasnt scaling by planes, it was just moving them for example.
and i like msq better than blender :3
Murloc992

Post by Murloc992 »

B@z wrote:weell i couldnt do this extrude thing in blender.. it had extrude, but wasnt scaling by planes, it was just moving them for example.
and i like msq better than blender :3
Duplicating and scaling the entire coat by a 0.99 in blender would be clearer(and actually it would be perfectly smooth and what you wanted), since extruding join both sides of the duplicated coat and makes loads of unnecessary faces. You can do this in blender, and export this to any format you want, import to metasq, profit. :P
B@z

Post by B@z »

if u check anything in real world, everything has width.
and so i didnt get "loads of unnecessary faces". it was around +100 polys :D
and no, i did the extrude, coz the scaling was not right. scaling the cloak from center made the inner coat smaller, it was ugly e.g. at the neck. i tried to make the scale amount smaller (0.999 etc), and then it was good, but then the same problem appeared :D
in msq it was clear, clicked 2 buttons, dragged the mouse a bit, and whoa! perfect modell :D