LoadScene() [Solved]

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Iyad

LoadScene() [Solved]

Post by Iyad »

Hi everyone,
I tryied everything and dont got it to work. Here is the situation :

1. I create a bullet world manager.
2. I call LoadScene().
3. SceneManager()->DrawAll ===== CRASH!??!?!

Whenever i use this framework :

1. LoadScene().
2. Create bullet manager.
3. DrawAll =============WORK.

In my bullet manager i have absolutly nothing concerning the scenemanager, i only pass a IrrlichtDevice and store it in the Bullet manager. And i call absolutly nothing else between step 1 and 2. The crash only occurs when the scenamanger calls DrawAll, if i comment this line, i get no crash but i cant draw the scene :? .

Without calling LoadScene and by using another method in the scenemanager, it works. The problem only occurs with LoadScene(). And yes my file path is valid so its not the problem...

Hope someone help me with this. Thx for replying.
Last edited by Iyad on Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#include <Iyad.h>
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

did you try using a debugging tool? that could help you in many ways.
serengeor

Post by serengeor »

Could you post some of the code or upload you project somewhere, without seeing the code I can't really say whats wrong with it :wink:
Working on game: Marrbles (Currently stopped).
Iyad

Post by Iyad »

I am really really confused, im sure its a bug. I already debugged the application and its giving me nothing! All is working when executed from the debugger. Right after, i create a .bat file which open my executable, RESULT : Everything runs perfectly!
Whenever i try to run it by normaly opening it, it load the scene and when calling DrawAll, it crash!...
#include <Iyad.h>
serengeor

Post by serengeor »

Are you parsing any kind of parameters with the bat file? :roll:
Working on game: Marrbles (Currently stopped).
Iyad

Post by Iyad »

No. I only open the application.

Anyways, this issue killed me, so i think im going to code my own scene loader, it will much more time but at least i will have 100% control on it.
#include <Iyad.h>
Iyad

Post by Iyad »

Ok i recleaned the code and tried to load only 1 irrmesh, not the full scene. Result : segmentation fault in atioglxx.dll at the function ??(). This is not really helping, so i searched on the internet and it appears that it is a crash in Ati's OpenGL dll, so i need to reinstall my drivers...

Just to be sure that the problem was not only from my driver, i tryed my app with my other pc, which have a integrated SiS661fx vga, and it worked! So the problem is definitively from my computer and not from the code. [Solved]

======================
======================
EDIT:
In case other people have the same problem with their graphical card, all you have to do is to downgrade your ATI catalyst manager (lower than 7.9) if your graphical card is ATI Radeon 9XXX or lower.

Hope this helps.
#include <Iyad.h>
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

*sigh* on opengl drivers