VC++ 2010 problems

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
harkathmaker

VC++ 2010 problems

Post by harkathmaker »

I just tried to update to VC++ 2010 Express, from 2008. All the source files and dependencies are the same, but when I try to run the program the DLL seems to be corrupted:
Windows has triggered a breakpoint in Irrlicht_test_empty3.exe.

This may be due to a corruption of the heap, which indicates a bug in Irrlicht_test_empty3.exe or any of the DLLs it has loaded.

This may also be due to the user pressing F12 while Irrlicht_test_empty3.exe has focus.
The exact same DLL works in 2008... am I missing something?
DtD

Post by DtD »

It says OR any of the DLLs ;) Did the same test work in 2008? Can you compile any of the Irrlicht examples?
harkathmaker

Post by harkathmaker »

The exact same program works in 2008. No DLLs are different between the two projects.

I haven't tried the examples yet. Mind that it's not a compiling problem, though; it just crashes as soon as I try to test it.
Bate

Post by Bate »

Looks like some CRT issue, check out this MSDN article.

At worst, you will have to compile irrlicht in VS2010 yourself (even though 2008 binaries should usually work).
Never take advice from someone who likes to give advice, so take my advice and don't take it.
slavik262

Post by slavik262 »

I can confirm that there's no issue using the 2008 binaries in MSVC 2010. I've been doing it for a month or two now.