Animation Position [SOLVED]

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding to Image manipulation, 3d modeling and level editing for the Irrlicht engine here.
Ravi08

Animation Position [SOLVED]

Post by Ravi08 »

Hi,

Basically im tryin to create a section of my game like a firing range. The problem occurs with the moving targets. Now im not sure if my code needs work or something in Blender.

So i have a animation which moves the target left to right and an animation which makes the target fall over for when it gets shoot.

Now what happens is that when it gets shoot, the fall over animation happens at the initial start of the scenenode not where the scene is.

I know what the problem is which is the movement animation doesnt actually move the position of the scenenode but since im a noob at Blender, i was wonderin if any of you have a solution.

So far the only one i have come up with is to do the movement animation with createflystraightanimator which works.

Thanks for your time
Last edited by Ravi08 on Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Hey Baby Wobbling Wobbling"
-Russell Peters
Iyad

Post by Iyad »

What i would suggest you is to not animate the movement of the targets, only animate when you are sure that it will keep its relative position and rotation. You can easily use the flystraight animator with a predifined path, or what id would do is to set the position of your target at the place where it got hit, so the target could fall at this position.

Hope this helps.
#include <Iyad.h>
Ravi08

Post by Ravi08 »

I cant believe i was soooo stupid :oops:, i suppose thats why there are people like you in the world. In the end i set the position of the target to where it got hit.

THANK YOU SO MUCH :P
"Hey Baby Wobbling Wobbling"
-Russell Peters