Hey I'm bored, want to help with some game

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding game design, integration of external libraries here. For irrEdit, irrXML and irrKlang, see the
ambiera forums
sudi

Post by sudi »

devsh wrote: anyway, I've pm-ed the Front Warrior guy, I could really see my skills in use there.
i don't :D
We're programmers. Programmers are, in their hearts, architects, and the first thing they want to do when they get to a site is to bulldoze the place flat and build something grand. We're not excited by renovation:tinkering,improving,planting flower beds.
project23

Re: Hey I'm bored, want to help with some game

Post by project23 »

devsh wrote:Hey all, I'm currently a bit bored.

hhhahahaha... ok ok... lets get back on track here. I understand your position (hammer without a nail), but I have to agree with everyone else on your delivery. Coders like to share tricks and tips, but their projects are usually kinda personal.

How about this, start your own small project using a premade game. Coders need system requirements right, some guideline to code to? Well, there are tons of free (public domain, creative commons, etc) RPG tabletop or pen and paper games out there in the net. Pick one up that is simple enough for a quick toy to play with.

Below is a link to a simple example, but there are rpg frameworks for any type of game you might want to play. Fantasy, Sci-Fi space combat, zombies :P .
http://blog.retroroleplaying.com/2010/0 ... under.html
"but if you don't like it, well, then do it like you please, it's your code and you'll have to live with it..." ~Acki