Rendring Cloth, Soft Bodies, How!!!

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
AbsoluteCPP

Rendring Cloth, Soft Bodies, How!!!

Post by AbsoluteCPP »

Now a days i am spending my free time in integrating PhysX and irrlicht..
(I know wrappers already available there but i want to learn how things working under the scene)

Suppose i have very well textured Cloth model exported in x file format, It is a simple 2d plane with UV Mapping in max.
I want to create PhysX mesh from that model (I try to find in IrrPhysX but i think this part of code is packed in LIB file), for creating physx mesh i need to get Mesh level information like

Code: Select all

numVertices; 
		numTriangles; 
		pointStrideBytes;   
		triangleStrideBytes;  
		points;   
		triangles;
I think this is not the difficult part, But after making physx mesh when physx start to simulate that cloth mesh then I need to update graphical information of that cloth mesh(difficult part). In IrrPhy each time when a cloth has to be rendered it makes a new mesh using vertex information (But i am not sure)

In simple the question is: Can we update the Irrlicht Mesh information at runtime? If yes then how?? Any code, article, example that help me.

Thanks
Can't Be Tamed
serengeor

Post by serengeor »

Well you could just take a look how wrappers are doing it :roll:
Working on game: Marrbles (Currently stopped).