Compatible IDEs for Irrlicht

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Markhor

Compatible IDEs for Irrlicht

Post by Markhor »

Ok, new question. I am wanting to get back into this. I got for a short while to do stuff. Important stuff.

Is Code::Blocks considered a supported IDE? I like it. Feels like an in-between for Dev-CPP and Microsoft Studio. I don't know more details about it. I figure Visual C++ is supported, however, it is too slow for my liking. I prefer C::B...but I can change

Right now I just wanna do Pong. PONG! simple!

edit: a link to a list is fine. my school's proxy system or whatever we're using does not like the search. no joke. i love using it
CuteAlien
Admin

Post by CuteAlien »

Code::blocks is supported and even one of the favorite IDE's around here.
IRC: #irrlicht on irc.libera.chat
Code snippet repository: https://github.com/mzeilfelder/irr-playground-micha
Free racer made with Irrlicht: http://www.irrgheist.com/hcraftsource.htm
Markhor

Post by Markhor »

Excellent..yes it is nice and fast, and simple too.
Ok thanks. I just gotta set it up now...
agamemnus

Post by agamemnus »

In Soviet Russia, blocks set you up! :shock:
vectorcorpse

Post by vectorcorpse »

ya i only wish it had the same simplicity of setup on macOSX. I program on cross platform and i haven't yet found a efficient way to setup irrlicht with codeblocks on mac, both windows and linux works like a charm but macosx i'm stuck with xcode witch has 2 major problems, it is not 100% free and pain to setup specially if u clean and rebuild the entire engine from source like i usually do on the other platforms to get both 32 and 64 bit versions integrated on the executable, besides it wound only require 1 project file since we would be using the same ide for all 3 platforms.