irrBullet 0.1.8 - Bullet physics wrapper

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
Leo [Teh one]

Post by Leo [Teh one] »

Code: Select all

while(getNumCharacterControllers() > 0)
    {
        removeCharacterController(getCharacterController(0));
    }
This should be removed too. Right?
cobra

Post by cobra »

For now, yes. I removed it in my third upload (the one that will actual compile without changes) but you seem to have grabbed it just before that.

Remove that and it will fix the problem.
Josiah Hartzell
sudi

Post by sudi »

hey got some trouble when using it with linux. it crashes on ~irrBulletWorld when removing a collision object. says invalid pointer on delete ~ICollisionObject so basicly when it clears all bodies. any idea why?
We're programmers. Programmers are, in their hearts, architects, and the first thing they want to do when they get to a site is to bulldoze the place flat and build something grand. We're not excited by renovation:tinkering,improving,planting flower beds.
cobra

Post by cobra »

Not sure, Sudi. I don't have Linux.

Can you do some more tests to narrow it down to a certain case?

Try that and tell me what you find. Thanks.
Josiah Hartzell
ent1ty
Competition winner

Post by ent1ty »

Hey cobra,
have a slight problem with your wrapper - how do you output messages to console? Are you using irrlicht's logger? Because i made myself an in-game console, that shows all the stuff that is logged using ILogger, but it won't show irrBullet's messages.

Here is how i get the log message in event receiver

if(event.EventType == irr::EET_LOG_TEXT_EVENT)
    {
        Log+= event.LogEvent.Text;
        Log+= "\n";
        LogChanged= true;
    }
So, to sum up, it gets irrlicht messages, but it doesn't irrBullets, wtf is wrong :P
irrRenderer 1.0
Height2Normal v. 2.1 - convert height maps to normal maps

Step back! I have a void pointer, and I'm not afraid to use it!
cobra

Post by cobra »

Hi entity. I don't use Irrlicht's logger to print messages. :)
Josiah Hartzell
zeroZshadow

Post by zeroZshadow »

It seems that getCollisionObjectByName is returned wrong results.
Also Collision objects don;t seem to clone their name from the parent SceneNode, though not a big problem, its annoying
Last but not least, when i set a CollisionObject name (for example "Player)
When printing it again, it only returns the first letter, P in this case.. very VERY odd.
Zurzaza

Post by Zurzaza »

zeroZshadow wrote:It seems that getCollisionObjectByName is returned wrong results.
yes, of course...he is using == instead of strcmp() (common pointers error), so it will never return a result (because the pointers will not be equals)...
irrBP - an Irrlicht - Bullet Physics Wrapper.
The only irrlicht-physics wrapper that uses multithread technology.
zeroZshadow

Post by zeroZshadow »

So will this be fixed, or do i have to fix this myself and recompile ?
Recompiling is a problem because i'm using VS2009 and have no project for irrBullet to use (and no idea how i'd recompile it)
cobra

Post by cobra »

Zurzaza wrote:
zeroZshadow wrote:It seems that getCollisionObjectByName is returned wrong results.
yes, of course...he is using == instead of strcmp() (common pointers error), so it will never return a result (because the pointers will not be equals)...
Not so. irr::core::stringw implements the == operator, so it's correct.
I compare two stringw's in that function.

ZeroZShadow:

Make sure you are printing it properly. There are some cases where it'll only print the first letter, but that's only if you make an error printing it. Try comparing the two strings (make sure they're exactly the same) and tell me what you find out.

Also, this was originally an experimental function in the earlier days of irrBullet and I will probably be removing it in future irrBullet releases, so I don't recommend using it.

It's a useless function in most cases.

Moreover, I'm sorry about lack of updates to irrBullet lately. I've been working on some other software of mine, trying to get it ready for a first release, along with school and other things. That means my other projects have taken the back burner for now.

When I start working on irrBullet again, you can expect great things. :)

Also, I forgot to tell everyone that I've got a basic character controller working. This is not the official one, but it's a start. I did it for a new Swedish game team.

Video of it in action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avfSUKWFaZM

Also, crash damage and advanced use of constraints:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX-9wDfz ... re=related

This shows how powerful irrBullet is with Irrlicht and how high-level and easy it is to use. :)

The effects in both of these videos are upcoming in the next irrBullet release!
Josiah Hartzell
ent1ty
Competition winner

Post by ent1ty »

cobra wrote:Hi entity. I don't use Irrlicht's logger to print messages. :)
That's a pitty. Also a bit illogical.

Btw the bug with screwed up bullet->irrlicht(or vice versa, can't remember) matrix conversion wasn't yet fixed, was it?
irrRenderer 1.0

cobra

Post by cobra »

ent1ty:
I might integrate it at some point. There's no colossal reason to do so right now, however.

Also, no, that matrix bug is not fixed.

The thing is, it's actually not with irrBullet.

It's somewhere in irr::core::matrix4 or btTransform, or just matrix math in general.

I'll have to look into it more later. Like I said, I've been busy with other things.

Though I've been working on irrBullet's softbody dynamics, and it's going quite well.

Also, zeroZshadow:
About the irrBulletWorld::getCollisionObjectByName() function:

I tried this out today, and it returns the correct object with no problems.

I'm not sure why it doesn't work for you. Can you give me more information about your environment? Perhaps you're doing something wrong in your own code.

Also, if multiple objects have the same name, it will return the first occurrence in the list of collision objects. This means it may not be the specific object you want.

Thanks.

- Josiah
Josiah Hartzell
cobra

Post by cobra »

Update:

The latest irrBullet version can be downloaded from the SVN.
It's under 0.1.7 branch, but it's not the full 0.1.7.

This includes fixes as well as additions like better soft body support (a full softbody interface, nearly complete) and a softbody example.

https://irrbullet.svn.sourceforge.net/s ... ease/0.1.7
Josiah Hartzell
ent1ty
Competition winner

Post by ent1ty »

cobra: thanks for the responses.

However, i am now facing a greater problem. If i e.g. push a barrel, and it falls on ground(it's laing on the floor), after some time it gets back into standing position. It appears as if the most of the weight is concentrated in the bottom of the barrel. For example golf carts in GTA: Vice City did this. When you crashed with them and the car landed on it's back, it would get on it's wheels after some time, because the roof of the cart was very light compared to chassis. Hope you understand what i mean. I have no idea what could the problem be.
irrRenderer 1.0

Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

i am getting this error

C:\Library\irrBullet\lib\win32_gcc\Debug\libirrBulletDebug.a(bulletworld.o)||In function `ZN14irrBulletWorld21removeCollisionObjectEP16ICollisionObjectb':|
C:\Programming\Library\irrBullet\source\bulletworld.h|159|undefined reference to `btSoftRigidDynamicsWorld::removeSoftBody(btSoftBody*)'|
C:\Library\irrBullet\lib\win32_gcc\Debug\libirrBulletDebug.a(bulletworld.o)||In function `ZN14irrBulletWorld11addSoftBodyEPN3irr5scene14IMeshSceneNodeE':|
C:\Programming\Library\irrBullet\source\bulletworld.h|159|undefined reference to `btSoftRigidDynamicsWorld::addSoftBody(btSoftBody*, short, short)'|
C:\Library\irrBullet\lib\win32_gcc\Debug\libirrBulletDebug.a(bulletworld.o)||In function `ZN14irrBulletWorldD1Ev':|
C:\Programming\Library\irrBullet\source\..\include\bheaders\Bullet\LinearMath\btAlignedAllocator.h|90|undefined reference to `btAlignedFreeInternal(void*)'|
C:\Programming\Library\irrBullet\source\..\include\bheaders\Bullet\LinearMath\btAlignedAllocator.h|90|undefined reference to `btAlignedFreeInternal(void*)'|
C:\Library\irrBullet\lib\win32_gcc\Debug\libirrBulletDebug.a(bulletworld.o)||In function `ZN14irrBulletWorldD2Ev':|
C:\Library\irrBullet\lib\win32_gcc\Debug\libirrBulletDebug.a(bulletworld.o)||In function `ZN14irrBulletWorldC1EPN3irr14IrrlichtDeviceEbb':|
C:\Programming\Library\irrBullet\source\..\include\bheaders\Bullet\BulletCollision\CollisionDispatch\btDefaultCollisionConfiguration.h|43|undefined reference to `btSoftBodyRigidBodyCollisionConfiguration::btSoftBodyRigidBodyCollisionConfiguration(btDefaultCollisionConstructionInfo const&)'|
C:\Library\irrBullet\lib\win32_gcc\Debug\libirrBulletDebug.a(bulletworld.o)||In function `ZN14irrBulletWorldC1EPN3irr14IrrlichtDeviceEbb':|
C:\Programming\Library\irrBullet\source\bulletworld.cpp|22|undefined reference to `btCollisionDispatcher::btCollisionDispatcher(btCollisionConfiguration*)'|
C:\Programming\Library\irrBullet\source\bulletworld.cpp|23|undefined reference to `btDbvtBroadphase::btDbvtBroadphase(btOverlappingPairCache*)'|
C:\Programming\Library\irrBullet\source\bulletworld.cpp|24|undefined reference to `btSequentialImpulseConstraintSolver::btSequentialImpulseConstraintSolver()'|
C:\Programming\Library\irrBullet\source\bulletworld.cpp|26|undefined reference to `btSoftRigidDynamicsWorld::btSoftRigidDynamicsWorld(btDispatcher*, btBroadphaseInterface*, btConstraintSolver*, btCollisionConfiguration*)'|
C:\Programming\Library\irrBullet\source\bulletworld.cpp|46|undefined reference to `btGImpactCollisionAlgorithm::registerAlgorithm(btCollisionDispatcher*)'|
C:\Programming\Library\irrBullet\source\..\include\bheaders\Bullet\LinearMath\btAlignedAllocator.h|85|undefined reference to `btAlignedAllocInternal(unsigned int, int)'|
C:\Library\irrBullet\lib\win32_gcc\Debug\libirrBulletDebug.a(bulletworld.o)||In function `ZN14irrBulletWorldC2EPN3irr14IrrlichtDeviceEbb':|
C:\Programming\Library\irrBullet\source\..\include\bheaders\Bullet\BulletCollision\CollisionDispatch\btDefaultCollisionConfiguration.h|43|undefined reference to `btSoftBodyRigidBodyCollisionConfiguration::btSoftBodyRigidBodyCollisionConfiguration(btDefaultCollisionConstructionInfo const&)'|
C:\Library\irrBullet\lib\win32_gcc\Debug\libirrBulletDebug.a(bulletworld.o)||In function `ZN14irrBulletWorldC2EPN3irr14IrrlichtDeviceEbb':|
C:\Programming\Library\irrBullet\source\bulletworld.cpp|22|undefined reference to `btCollisionDispatcher::btCollisionDispatcher(btCollisionConfiguration*)'|
C:\Programming\Library\irrBullet\source\bulletworld.cpp|23|undefined reference to `btDbvtBroadphase::btDbvtBroadphase(btOverlappingPairCache*)'|
C:\Programming\Library\irrBullet\source\bulletworld.cpp|24|undefined reference to `btSequentialImpulseConstraintSolver::btSequentialImpulseConstraintSolver()'|
C:\Programming\Library\irrBullet\source\bulletworld.cpp|26|undefined reference to `btSoftRigidDynamicsWorld::btSoftRigidDynamicsWorld(btDispatcher*, btBroadphaseInterface*, btConstraintSolver*, btCollisionConfiguration*)'|
C:\Programming\Library\irrBullet\source\bulletworld.cpp|46|undefined reference to `btGImpactCollisionAlgorithm::registerAlgorithm(btCollisionDispatcher*)'|
C:\Programming\Library\irrBullet\source\..\include\bheaders\Bullet\LinearMath\btAlignedAllocator.h|85|undefined reference to `btAlignedAllocInternal(unsigned int, int)'|
C:\Library\irrBullet\lib\win32_gcc\Debug\libirrBulletDebug.a(bulletworld.o)||In function `ZN3irr4core12irrAllocatorINS0_4listIP29ICollisionCallbackInformationE10SKListNodeEE12internal_newEj':|
C:\Programming\Library\irrBullet\source\bulletworld.cpp|| undefined reference to `btGImpactCollisionAlgorithm::registerAlgorithm(btCollisionDispatcher*)'|
C:\Library\irrBullet\lib\win32_gcc\Debug\libirrBulletDebug.a(bulletworld.o)||In function `ZN14irrBulletWorld28synchronizeSingleMotionStateEP10IRigidBody':|
C:\Programming\Library\irrBullet\source\bulletworld.h|159|undefined reference to `btDiscreteDynamicsWorld::synchronizeSingleMotionState(btRigidBody*)'|
C:\Library\irrBullet\lib\win32_gcc\Debug\libirrBulletDebug.a(raycastvehicle.o)||In function `ZN18btVehicleRaycasterD1Ev':|
C:\Programming\Library\irrBullet\source\..\include\bheaders\Bullet\BulletDynamics\Vehicle\btVehicleRaycaster.h|21|undefined reference to `btRaycastVehicle::addWheel(btVector3 const&, btVector3 const&, btVector3 const&, float, float, btRaycastVehicle::btVehicleTuning const&, bool)'|
C:\Library\irrBullet\lib\win32_gcc\Debug\libirrBulletDebug.a(raycastvehicle.o)||In function `ZN15IRaycastVehicle15updateWheelInfoEj':|
C:\Programming\Library\irrBullet\source\raycastvehicle.h|130|undefined reference to `btRaycastVehicle::getWheelInfo(int)'|
C:\Library\irrBullet\lib\win32_gcc\Debug\libirrBulletDebug.a(raycastvehicle.o)||In function `ZN15IRaycastVehicle12getWheelInfoEj':|
C:\Programming\Library\irrBullet\source\raycastvehicle.h|130|undefined reference to `btRaycastVehicle::getWheelInfo(int)'|
C:\Library\irrBullet\lib\win32_gcc\Debug\libirrBulletDebug.a(raycastvehicle.o)||In function `ZN15IRaycastVehicleC1EP10IRigidBodyP14irrBulletWorldN3irr4core8vector3dIiEE':|
C:\Programming\Library\irrBullet\source\..\include\bheaders\Bullet\BulletDynamics\Vehicle\btRaycastVehicle.h|200|undefined reference to `vtable for btDefaultVehicleRaycaster'|
C:\Library\irrBullet\lib\win32_gcc\Debug\libirrBulletDebug.a(raycastvehicle.o)||In function `ZN15IRaycastVehicleC1EP10IRigidBodyP14irrBulletWorldN3irr4core8vector3dIiEE':|
C:\Programming\Library\irrBullet\source\rigidbody.h|183|undefined reference to `btRaycastVehicle::btRaycastVehicle(btRaycastVehicle::btVehicleTuning const&, btRigidBody*, btVehicleRaycaster*)'|
C:\Library\irrBullet\lib\win32_gcc\Debug\libirrBulletDebug.a(raycastvehicle.o)||In function `ZN15IRaycastVehicleC2EP10IRigidBodyP14irrBulletWorldN3irr4core8vector3dIiEE':|
C:\Programming\Library\irrBullet\source\..\include\bheaders\Bullet\BulletDynamics\Vehicle\btRaycastVehicle.h|200|undefined reference to `vtable for btDefaultVehicleRaycaster'|
C:\Library\irrBullet\lib\win32_gcc\Debug\libirrBulletDebug.a(raycastvehicle.o)||In function `ZN15IRaycastVehicleC2EP10IRigidBodyP14irrBulletWorldN3irr4core8vector3dIiEE':|
C:\Programming\Library\irrBullet\source\rigidbody.h|183|undefined reference to `btRaycastVehicle::btRaycastVehicle(btRaycastVehicle::btVehicleTuning const&, btRigidBody*, btVehicleRaycaster*)'|
C:\Library\irrBullet\lib\win32_gcc\Debug\libirrBulletDebug.a(raycastvehicle.o)||In function `ZN15IRaycastVehicle15resetSuspensionEv':|
C:\Programming\Library\irrBullet\source\raycastvehicle.h|130|undefined reference to `btRaycastVehicle::resetSuspension()'|
C:\Library\irrBullet\lib\win32_gcc\Debug\libirrBulletDebug.a(raycastvehicle.o)||In function `ZN15IRaycastVehicle16setSteeringValueEfj':|
C:\Programming\Library\irrBullet\source\raycastvehicle.h|130|undefined reference to `btRaycastVehicle::setSteeringValue(float, int)'|
C:\Library\irrBullet\lib\win32_gcc\Debug\libirrBulletDebug.a(raycastvehicle.o)||In function `ZN15IRaycastVehicle16applyEngineForceEfj':|
C:\Programming\Library\irrBullet\source\raycastvehicle.h|130|undefined reference to `btRaycastVehicle::applyEngineForce(float, int)'|
C:\Library\irrBullet\lib\win32_gcc\Debug\libirrBulletDebug.a(raycastvehicle.o)||In function `ZN15IRaycastVehicle20updateWheelTransformEjb':|
C:\Programming\Library\irrBullet\source\raycastvehicle.h|130|undefined reference to `btRaycastVehicle::updateWheelTransform(int, bool)'|
C:\Library\irrBullet\lib\win32_gcc\Debug\libirrBulletDebug.a(raycastvehicle.o)||In function `ZN15IRaycastVehicle8setBrakeEfj':|
C:\Programming\Library\irrBullet\source\raycastvehicle.h|130|undefined reference to `btRaycastVehicle::setBrake(float, int)'|
C:\Library\irrBullet\lib\win32_gcc\Debug\libirrBulletDebug.a(collisionobject.o)||In function `ZN16ICollisionObject18setActivationStateE16EActivationState':|
C:\Programming\Library\irrBullet\source\collisionobject.cpp|199|undefined reference to `btCollisionObject::setActivationState(int)'|
C:\Library\irrBullet\lib\win32_gcc\Debug\libirrBulletDebug.a(collisionobject.o)||In function `ZN16ICollisionObject20forceActivationStateE16EActivationState':|
C:\Programming\Library\irrBullet\source\collisionobject.cpp|199|undefined reference to `btCollisionObject::forceActivationState(int)'|
C:\Library\irrBullet\lib\win32_gcc\Debug\libirrBulletDebug.a(collisionobject.o)||In function `ZN16ICollisionObject8activateEb':|
C:\Programming\Library\irrBullet\source\collisionobject.cpp|199|undefined reference to `btCollisionObject::activate(bool)'|
C:\Library\irrBullet\lib\win32_gcc\Debug\libirrBulletDebug.a(softbody.o)||In function `ZN9ISoftBodyD1Ev':|
C:\Programming\Library\irrBullet\source\bulletworld.h|159|undefined reference to `btSoftRigidDynamicsWorld::removeSoftBody(btSoftBody*)'|
C:\Library\irrBullet\lib\win32_gcc\Debug\libirrBulletDebug.a(softbody.o)||In function `ZN9ISoftBodyD2Ev':|
C:\Library\irrBullet\lib\win32_gcc\Debug\libirrBulletDebug.a(softbody.o)||In function `ZN9ISoftBody11createShapeEPN3irr5scene5IMeshE':|
C:\Programming\Library\irrBullet\source\bulletworld.h|171|undefined reference to `btSoftBodyHelpers::CreateFromTriMesh(btSoftBodyWorldInfo&, float const*, int const*, int)'|
C:\Library\irrBullet\lib\win32_gcc\Debug\libirrBulletDebug.a(softbody.o)||In function `ZN9ISoftBody11createShapeEPN3irr5scene5IMeshE':|
C:\Programming\Library\irrBullet\source\softbody.h|32|undefined reference to `btSoftBody::scale(btVector3 const&)'|
C:\Programming\Library\irrBullet\source\softbody.h|32|undefined reference to `btSoftBody::setPose(bool, bool)'|
C:\Programming\Library\irrBullet\source\softbody.h|32|undefined reference to `btSoftBody::generateBendingConstraints(int, btSoftBody::Material*)'|
C:\Programming\Library\irrBullet\source\softbody.h|32|undefined reference to `btSoftBody::randomizeConstraints()'|
C:\Programming\Library\irrBullet\source\softbody.h|32|undefined reference to `btSoftBody::transform(btTransform const&)'|
C:\Library\irrBullet\lib\win32_gcc\Debug\libirrBulletDebug.a(rigidbody.o)||In function `ZNK10IRigidBody7getAabbERN3irr4core8vector3dIfEES4_':|
C:\Programming\Library\irrBullet\source\rigidbody.h|183|undefined reference to `btRigidBody::getAabb(btVector3&, btVector3&) const'|
||More errors follow but not being shown.|
||Edit the max errors limit in compiler options...|
||=== Build finished: 50 errors, 0 warnings ===|
I did included the lib files to my project including
libbulletcollision.a
libbulletdynamics.a
libbulletmath.a
libbulletmultithreaded.a
libbulletsoftbody.a
did i miss something?

irrBullet Version: 0.1.65