Little 1 level project

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
devsh
Competition winner

Little 1 level project

Post by devsh »

right I am sick of making games, I have abandoned all projects except the grass, display+path_finder and shadows. I want to put it together into a minimalistic "next-gen" (not bloated loads of features next-gen, but fully optimized rendering using modern techniques like deferred rendering) engine with a as simple as you can get away with editor, to just create a game with one cutscene, and something like 1/32th of a level, but finished to high quality.

I am very anxious whether to start this thing or not, I jsut dont want to make something that halfway through making I will realize I can see no end to it. This is THE FIRST TIME, I have made my own models

http://apocalyptusblooddrunk.blogspot.c ... start.html

if you want to help contact me, if you like to criticise me... go ahead
Bate

Re: Little 1 level project

Post by Bate »

devsh wrote:[...] halfway through making I will realize I can see no end to it.
I hear ya! I've already abandoned 2 mid-sized game projects because of that. :lol:
Therefore, aiming at actually finishing a tiny quality project is certainly a good idea IMHO.
Never take advice from someone who likes to give advice, so take my advice and don't take it.
devsh
Competition winner

Post by devsh »

If you feel like you like to help my idea, I'm not asking for coding or anything cause that takes commitment. But throw in a couple of models I mite find useful
devsh
Competition winner

Post by devsh »

yeah logo (messed up glow on the catch phrase)

Insomniacp

Post by Insomniacp »

seemed hard to read especially if you don't know what its supposed to say.
devsh
Competition winner

Post by devsh »

I am currently developing depth peeling and deferred rendering, the source will be available in the game SVN. However I will also release a modified Quake Map irrlicht example using hybrid depth peeling :)
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

good luck with your project. maybe irrlicht should have a shader repository. you seem to have write a lot of shaders.
devsh
Competition winner

Post by devsh »

muahaha my omidirectional shadow casting lights are going to be done with dual parabloids. Haha IN ONE PASS!!!
stefbuet
Competition winner

Post by stefbuet »

I've done dual paraboloid shadow mapping in 2 pass, How can you do that in 1 pass ?
fmx

Post by fmx »

Dont underestimate the powers of the devsh side :wink:
He is really very talented with shaders, most of us can hardly manage basic effects, lol

I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out