Post Your Irrlicht Screenshots / Render Here.

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding to Image manipulation, 3d modeling and level editing for the Irrlicht engine here.
fmx

Post by fmx »

@Mel
It also helps to see mip-mapping artifacts
Are you using lightmaps?
Mel
Competition winner

Post by Mel »

Still not, The tangents and the lightmaps are incompatible because the Tangents are mapped to TEXCOORD1 and Binormals are mapped to TEXCOORD2, instead of TANGENT0/BINORMAL0.

I should think of any solution that allowed me to map the TEXCOORD1 to the coordinates for the light map, and still have tangential space. Maybe it would be a good idea to store the mapping coordinates to the Tangents (TEXCOORD1), and then, use only the Binormal (In TEXCOORD2), and cross it with the Normal to get the tangent.

I think that the basic vertex should be the one with the tangent space (and with the semantics correctly set for shaders!), and that there were another type wich added the mapping coordinates for the lightmapping. That way any mesh would have the tangent space available, namely standard, skinned or lightmapped.
"There is nothing truly useless, it always serves as a bad example". Arthur A. Schmitt
Mel
Competition winner

Post by Mel »

The editor keeps going on, slowly, but functional.

Now the meshes can be moved, turned and resized arbitrarily.

Polycount: around 100k
"There is nothing truly useless, it always serves as a bad example". Arthur A. Schmitt
Granthus

Post by Granthus »

Just something Im working on in my spare time.

Lonesome Ducky
Competition winner

Post by Lonesome Ducky »

Wow Mel, getting more and more impressive!
Mel
Competition winner

Post by Mel »

Thanks! but those are still static meshes. i still have to throw more and more in... and lose more and more FPS... that runs more or less at 45 fps... :lol: my estimations are that when all the things i have in mind are enabled (shadow mapping, Irradiance mapping and SSAO), it should run more or less at 20 fps in that resolution

At least, now it loads textures: difuse, specular, normal and my custom system for cube maps used in reflections.

I have some issues with losing the focus when a mesh is selected, and i have to bring up the texture editor, but seems that it will also solve easy.

Update:

There is a postprocessing pipeline. It allows to chain postproduction effects, a la OGRE :D, That is a simple example, but there will be more complex effects after.

RE update:

http://i52.tinypic.com/2nv9dvb.png

I can use now 2 mapping coordinates with tangent vertices :)
wing64
Competition winner

Post by wing64 »

ARSA Framework - Test DOF. (use depth from gbuffer)

Eigen
Competition winner

Post by Eigen »

Something less shadery.

ent1ty
Competition winner

Post by ent1ty »

A welcomed change :D

I use shaders, but only for the lighting, grass animation and texture splating. No blurry bunchy pixely thing of unrecognizable shape :P

irrRenderer 1.0
Height2Normal v. 2.1 - convert height maps to normal maps

Step back! I have a void pointer, and I'm not afraid to use it!
roelor

Post by roelor »

Eigen wrote:Something less shadery.

sweet, 'nother screenie!
Kalango

Post by Kalango »

@Mel: Looks pretty nice man, the only thing that bugs me is the aparent crazy blurryness... i think it supposed to be some sort of glow, but its too dark. All the rest is awesome!

@wing64: Looks pretty cool man. I think you should try to improve your depth focus and also you could try to make high-res textures, it would look way better.

@Eigen: Cool stuff, apart from the blockiness of the models it looks very solid and playable!
fmx

Post by fmx »

@wing64
that's a much nicer screenshot than your other one, which was blurry beyond recognition

@Eigen
very clean and purposeful
Mel
Competition winner

Post by Mel »

This ball is lit only with irradiance maps.

The good thing is that this proves a point i wanted to test, that was saving irradiance maps into simple ARGB8 maps, and use the amount of samples to cover the lack in precision due to that i am using just up to the 1st order of the spherical harmonics. It is like there was 6 small lights per pixel of rendered image.

The bad thing is that those are random data (it is a simple lightmap), and i need to build an actual irradiance mapper to achieve a concrete result.

But it works! :)
Lonesome Ducky
Competition winner

Post by Lonesome Ducky »

I hate depth-of-field with a passion, unless it's very well done. Too many examples make it extremely blurry and unrealistic, and it serves to be annoying more than anything else.
macron12388

Post by macron12388 »

Eigen wrote:Something less shadery.

I love these kinds of graphics :)

The Sunny light effect if just right.