Taper transformation.

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding to Image manipulation, 3d modeling and level editing for the Irrlicht engine here.
Mel
Competition winner

Taper transformation.

Post by Mel »

Well, i am resorting to my almost last hope... This is the trouble i have, and i am like mad looking for a solution, but it doesn't appear, so i am asking if you know about something to solve something like this.

This image shows the render and the shadowmap of a scene. Everything is normal, that shadowmap is focused on the visible part of the scene (the view frustum). It is aligned so the view direction always point up in the shadowmap, so, the rest is to modify the image to enlarge the area closer to the camera.

I want to taper the shadowmap so the lower part of that small image gets enlarged, while the top part remains unchanged, allowing to have more detail closer to the camera, and that the far parts don't have that much detail. I have already tried several options, but to no avail. I hope you can bring me a hand here! Thanks in advance.
"There is nothing truly useless, it always serves as a bad example". Arthur A. Schmitt
Burns

RE:

Post by Burns »

how you created that map?
macron12388

Re: RE:

Post by macron12388 »

Burns wrote:how you created that map?
He's been working on that map for quite some time now, if I'm not mistaken, :D He did it with loads of work, effort, and persistence.

I remember that problem Mel had with the shader normals.