Pyrr link "untrusted"

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Whirled Peas

Pyrr link "untrusted"

Post by Whirled Peas »

Hello, I'm new to irrlicht, I am interested in using irrlicht for a project that I am currently working on. However, I'm primarily a python user and so I would need to use the pyrr binding, but when I attempt to click on the link for the pyrr site I get a "untrusted site" warning, I was wondering if this is a common error or if that site has been taken over by some disreputable folks?
CuteAlien
Admin

Post by CuteAlien »

Seems that they don't exist anymore even when when you ignore the warnings.
IRC: #irrlicht on irc.libera.chat
Code snippet repository: https://github.com/mzeilfelder/irr-playground-micha
Free racer made with Irrlicht: http://www.irrgheist.com/hcraftsource.htm
Whirled Peas

Post by Whirled Peas »

so what binding is there for python?
serengeor

Post by serengeor »

I think that all of public python-irrlicht wrappers are dead, you could write your own, but that requires some good knowledge of c++, irrlicht and python c/api.

There are automated generators, to make glue code for python to interact with c code, but I wouldn't rely on those.

You could try Panda 3D which can be used in python scripts and c++.

Or you could learn c++ and just use Irrlicht 8)
Working on game: Marrbles (Currently stopped).
Whirled Peas

Post by Whirled Peas »

yeah, I was getting that feeling. I am actually switching over from Panda, I found its physics capabilities too difficult to use and too limited with not nearly enough documentation. Irrlicht's usage of both bullet and newton seems far more acapable and stable than ODE, which is why I picked Irrlicht.

Anyway, I guess I'm gonna have to bite the bullet(no pun intended :) ) and brush up on my c++ skills. IT's a shame really, I really liked working in python.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

when I see the word 'untrusted', in that way you say I would leave.

There are people earning billions of money deploying services. One of those services is to tell you wich is not to be trusted. Only a few would be naif or unquilty to untrustworthy.

Only know python due to Blender and think it's a real pain but can be due to the blender ide too :o wich is improving atm.

And me as a newby I can only say welcome Irrlicht and it's learning curve isn't too steep. If you have some knowledge about c++ I mean.

So I second serengeor, dust off your c++ and use Irrlicht.
No :shock: I am no noob, just checking if your not one too :roll:

Thanks to Niko and all others that made Irrlicht possible.
_maxim_

Post by _maxim_ »

serengeor wrote:I think that all of public python-irrlicht wrappers are dead
not all, look pyirrlicht (http://pir.sourceforge.net), this is living.