just wondering :)

Discussion about everything. New games, 3d math, development tips...
R@!D3N

just wondering :)

Post by R@!D3N »

Hey guys i was just wondering if i used irrlicht to make my game .. what would be the best graphics that i would be able to achieve ...
can you name a game or two as an example?? i wanna use this for my game, so just wana know whats the best i can achieve.. :) thnx
Adler1337

Post by Adler1337 »

Graphics can be as good as the artist makes them. The only limit is your hardware. There is no reason your game can't look as good as any modern professional game.
multum in parvo
Radikalizm

Post by Radikalizm »

Adler1337 wrote:Graphics can be as good as the artist makes them. The only limit is your hardware.
And you have to remember that if you want some next-gen graphics that you'll have to code the systems needed to get it all running at an acceptable framerate
These could include LOD systems, occlusion culling, hardware skinning, etc
And about all next-gen games rely heavily on a flexible post-processing system, so you'll have to code that too
Adler1337

Post by Adler1337 »

These could include LOD systems, occlusion culling, hardware skinning, etc
And about all next-gen games rely heavily on a flexible post-processing system, so you'll have to code that too
Look through project announcements and code snippets. You should be able to find most of those, or at least the beginnings of them.
multum in parvo
JP

Post by JP »

Irrlicht certainly has limits on how far you can go on realistic hardware but as adler suggests most of the limitations come from the art you're using and the ability to implement the necessary shaders to make the art look really good.

Nice mau5 avatar btw adler ;)
Image Image Image
Adler1337

Post by Adler1337 »

Nice mau5 avatar btw adler
Thanks :D I changed it after I saw him in october. Concert was amazing :D
multum in parvo