Best physics engine for car physics?

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Kordman916

Best physics engine for car physics?

Post by Kordman916 »

Ok, the title basically says it all but I can be a bit more specific.

Of all the current wrappers for physics engines which one has the best support for vehicles?

The only choices I've seen are:

IrrBullet
IrrBP
Newton
ODE

Also by "vehicles" I mean 4 wheeled cars/trucks
Escen
Competition winner

Post by Escen »

I only have experience with Bullet and Newton, I do recommend Bullet in general. It has more features (like softbodies) and a larger active community. Both engines have a standard raycast vehicle, the Bullet version is more advanced, but if you want your tires more active in your scene (like a Buggy ) Newton has an standard CustomMultiBodyVehicle, very easy to use. You can achieve the same in Bullet with a little bit more work (there is also a forklift example)
Kordman916

Post by Kordman916 »

I may have forgotten to mention that I'm using Ubuntu 10.10 so I would preferably like to use a physics engine that works without having to change the names of a ton of files or anything of that sort.
serengeor

Post by serengeor »

Bullet is good to go on lots of platforms, Since your using ubuntu you should probably choose sdk that is with unix line endings, and there should be no problems(I tried it on ubuntu 10.04, and It worked out of the box).
Working on game: Marrbles (Currently stopped).