Collada scene graph

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
bigbman

Collada scene graph

Post by bigbman »

Does irrlicht support collada scene graphs?

I know about .irr scenes, but my artist doesn't use any of the tools that support that format.

Thanks!
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Yes, collada scenes can be loaded. Please check the website for supported file formats.
bigbman

Post by bigbman »

After reading this post (http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/ ... highlight=) I'm afraid that Collada scenes are not properly supported.

Is .IRR still the standard for scenes or is the community moving towards Collada or Open Scene Graph? Has anyone seen talk for support of the latter in Irrlicht?
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Then maybe re-read my last posts in that thread. YES, Collada scenes are properly supported. Being loaded as scenes, not just one big object as most other formats would do!
bigbman

Post by bigbman »

OK, got, thanks ;)

What's the best editor/exporter out there for creating Collada scene graphs?
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

I think most tools support Collada, so it's basically a matter of taste and confidence with your 3d editor of choice.
bigbman

Post by bigbman »

I'm having all kinds of problems rendering .DAE files exported from 3D Studio Max. Objects are showing up mis-sized and upside down :?

Anyone has experience rendering Collada scenes? Any pointers?
Yohanna

Post by Yohanna »

I am interested in loading Collada files as well. is there any was to load animated Collada scenes using Irrlicht?
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

No, sorry. The current setup does not support animations.
Yohanna

Post by Yohanna »

Thank you, but can I load the scene frame by frame and render each frame as a static scene? i want to make a short film with 100 frames. can i do thatwith Irrlicht?
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

If you have your mesh in several poses, you can simply create a new SAnimatedMesh and push the meshes into this mesh. Set the animation speed and the mesh will play through these frames.
Yohanna

Post by Yohanna »

Thank you very much Hybrid
these are so useful