when modify SpecialFX sample .3ds becomes mini world.

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
rnhdk

when modify SpecialFX sample .3ds becomes mini world.

Post by rnhdk »

Hmmm when I run the sample SpecialFX everything works fine.
But if I change the .3ds file containing the map the result becomes a mini world. too small. Why is that happening. Is there a way to define size of map when exporting.

Tried gamespace and anim8or to modify the .3ds map file.
Even tried just load the map and save(export) without moddifying.

Cheers Rob
bal

Post by bal »

You could use node->setScale(irr::core::vector3df(x,y,z)); to scale your node...
General Tools List
General FAQ
System: AMD Barton 2600+, 512MB, 9600XT 256MB, WinXP + FC3
rnhdk

Post by rnhdk »

Thanks

Seem to be able to manipulate size of loaded mesh. (map)

Is this the correct way? Best practice ? or should the editor in this case Gamespace be able to export with bigger scale?.

The map of SpecialFX, is constructed with Anim8or. If I use anim8or to modify the map, the result will be small mini level again. (which I now could setScale on).
Dogs

Post by Dogs »

The method that bal uses is the same method I use as well and the same method that everyone else uses to minipulate there model sizes... :)
I never really tried to resize my model in my model program and do it that way but im sure it would work just as well..

As for wether or not its right or not...
I think if it was my model and It was very small I would scale it in my model software and make sure my UV mapping was corect and use the set scale node to fine tune the size....
But im rather new to this engine and im still learning a lot about how it responds to changes in models and what is carried on in the file when it is exported from your model software.... :oops: