DX9c (October 2004 update) and Visual Studio 6

You discovered a bug in the engine, and you are sure that it is not a problem of your code? Just post it in here. Please read the bug posting guidelines first.
rangle

DX9c (October 2004 update) and Visual Studio 6

Post by rangle »

Just a little warning before it catches someone else. I just upgraded to the newest DX9c (October 2004 update) and the support for Visual Studio 6 is starting to go away. If you review the dxreadme.html file you will notice that you must change your "lib directory" to "C:\Program Files\Microsoft DirectX 9.0 SDK (October 2004)\Extras\D3dx9 Visual Studio 6" to properly link with the new libraries. It also says "In the future, support for Visual Studio 6 may not be continued." I guess it is time to upgrade.

BTW, I found this while trying to build static libraries with the Irrlicht (and IrrlichtNX) source. This makes it nice to build new projects as there are no DLLs to track :wink: If you want to know how I can put up a post of what I did.

Cheers,
rangle

Re: DX9c (October 2004 update) and Visual Studio 6

Post by Guest »

rangle wrote:"In the future, support for Visual Studio 6 may not be continued." I guess it is time to upgrade.
Thats exactly why I switch to Linux every time I can. No extra pay every time I want to write new software.