IrrSolid 0.1.2 (+physics +tutorial+SDL+OpenGL)

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
christianclavet

Post by christianclavet »

Hi, Do you used some specific settings for the CPU extension in your compiler?

I tried to launch the demo game (debug and release) and got an almost instant BSOD (Blue screen of dead) each time. I use 64 bit version of Vista with a core2 processor (Quad).
REDDemon
Developer

Post by REDDemon »

I reproduced the BSOD.

Seems a problem with dlls. Code::blocks doesn't do re-link nether when lib files changes. I had to clean and recompile the whole project to solve BSOD. (as visual studio does). I had to clean/rebuild irrlicht, clean/rebuild irrsolid and clean/rebuild the App. 3 steps is not good. A good project must compile all in one step. So IrrSolid is not good.

Anyway seems that the actual build target configuration is not helping recompiling the whole project correctly. I will add this to C::B tracker and ask for help there.

It is ok when launch the APP from C::B (So it was worked for me), but seems that launching app from C::B is prevent some error checking (the check that caused the BSOD).

Until i fix the build target for a correct recompile i will made the download unavailable. Probably i will drop SDL/OpenGL support definitely (requires lot of maintenance and i have recompiled irrlicht.dll lots of time taking some hours only for that.).

It is not a OpenAL issue probably.
Last edited by REDDemon on Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Junior Irrlicht Developer.
Real value in social networks is not about "increasing" number of followers, but about getting in touch with Amazing people.
- by Me
REDDemon
Developer

quote me for read the message.

Post by REDDemon »

thanks for helping me found the problem. It was spotted after sometimes. First i had to recompile and launch the App outside C::B.. the problem is that when libraries/dll changes. code::blocks still show "target is up to date" when in real it need to be linked again. I will add a unique build target for prevent this and probably i will drop SDL support that requires to link lots of extra stuff. So irrlicht users will no more need to recompile irrlicht and they can continue to work with standard irrlicht.dll wich is the best solution.