Full screen display frequency

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Mike Wiering

Full screen display frequency

Post by Mike Wiering »

Is there a way to change the display frequency of the full screen mode? It seems to use 60 Hz, which flickers terribly if you are used to 85 or 100 (and is a bit off-screen on my monitor). I'ld like to be able to set it to the desktop frequency (I'm using Dev-Cpp / OpenGL).
Mike Wiering
Wiering Software - http://www.wieringsoftware.nl/
[dx/x]=HUNT3R

Post by [dx/x]=HUNT3R »

No there's not. I wish there was, I hate watching the screen at 60Hz. But I think I remember Niko saying a long time ago that he might include support for it in the future. Of course, you could also modify the engine code to do it and recompile the engine...
Mike Wiering

Post by Mike Wiering »

Thanks for the info. I don't think making the actual changes would be that hard, but setting everything up to get the source to compile usually is... Anyway, I'll try.
Mike Wiering
Wiering Software - http://www.wieringsoftware.nl/
Gonosz

Post by Gonosz »

I think that's a bug in Windows XP itself. Check out xp-refresh.net to download the NVRefreshFix tool for nVidia cards. Or you can get a refresh-fixed driver (like 52.16).
[dx/x]=HUNT3R

Post by [dx/x]=HUNT3R »

No, we're talking about in the game. When you create the Irrlicht Device it would be able to nice to specify the refresh rate and also get the refresh rates available on the current video card.