Can I post a message about paid programming work?

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
TerryRussell

Can I post a message about paid programming work?

Post by TerryRussell »

Hi.

Is there somewhere on the forum that I can post a message about some Irrlicht programming work that we need doing? Perhaps here?

We're in the middle of a project and have run out of spare hands for some of the programming work.

We're offering money in exchange for the work, in line with our "be fair to everyone" policies..

Thanks.

Terry from Amazing Simulation
Regards,

Terry
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Yeah, it's definitely allowed. If you post some more information about the project, we could also move it to the project forum. But if it's enough here, it can also stay here. Could you at least post a link or so, whichwould help people to trust you?!
serengeor

Post by serengeor »

You could post it in the project announcement forums, I'm sure it will fit there as long as you post some info about the project you're doing. And I think it will be, ok to offer a paid job (most of people want to get teams/people to work on their projects without paying any money..).
Working on game: Marrbles (Currently stopped).
TerryRussell

Post by TerryRussell »

Hi, Hybrid.

OK, about me. If anyone has frequented the VSTEP Ship Simulator forums, they should know me. Also, if anyone has used Ship Simulator 2008, I was responsible for:

- the "new improved horn sounds add-on" ( http://www.shipsim.com/downloads/updates)
- the radio sounds add-ons ( http://www.shipsim.com/downloads/updates)
- all of the thirty-seven weekly Superpacks, and free ships during 2009 and 2010 (almost everything in te 2008 tab here: http://www.shipsim.com/products/shipyard)

I was also involved in the early development stages of Ship Simulator Pro (Now renamed as Nautis).

Also, in the credits for Ship Simulator Extremes you'll see that I was responsible for some of the work on that. (Radio sounds, horn sounds and some of the early testing).

In 2010, I received the "Best Serious Games Developer" award.

Fanfare of trumpets is now over.

If you go to Creators Forum you'll see my developer's forum there (with hundreds of free downloads for Ship Simulator).

If you go to Amazing Forum you'll see our newest forum there.

We are part of Standards House, which includes such venerable organisations as the International Centre for Auditing and the Centre for ISO9000. And us, of course. We are Amazing Simulation Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales. We are based in Chichester, West Sussex, UK.

We have now assembled "the old team", who were responsible for a lot of the content in Ship Simulator 2008, and we are hard at work on the new one. But timescales are pressing and we don't have enough hands now.

Now, what I am after is someone to work on the development of realistic water (ocean, from calm to stormy). I need the water to be programatically controllable, so that it can be varied during the course of a mission. I think this will require the use of a matrix, but I'm open to suggestions.

Ideally, I would like it to use 2.0 Shaders, working under Open GL and DirectX 9 (with a view to having it work under later versions when Irrlicht catches up with DX10 and DX11).

I have done this myself using TGC's DARK GDK and also using Quest3D. But they are very different to Irrlicht and I simply don't have the time to do it myself. We need someone who can discuss it with us and then go off and do it. If that all works OK, I think we may have a lot of other work available.

We will be happy to negotiate a fair rate of pay for this, and can arrange for the funds to be held in escrow or whatever method is mutually acceptable.

Sorry for all the words, but I hope that helps provide some evidence of my/our credibility in this area.
Regards,

Terry
TerryRussell

Post by TerryRussell »

Hi Hybrid.
Yeah, it's definitely allowed. If you post some more information about the project, we could also move it to the project forum. But if it's enough here, it can also stay here. Could you at least post a link or so, whichwould help people to trust you?!
Any chance you could move this to the project forum?

So far I am being deafened by the silence. I had thought this was quite a simple bit of work, and we are very willing to provide help and assistance.

As much as anything else, I want to find someone keen and willing. They don't have to be expert at shaders nor expert in matrices.

We are a very kindly company and we want to develop a long term relationship with a suitable person.
Regards,

Terry
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Yeah, sure. I seemed to have missed your last reply, otherwise I'd have made it already.
TerryRussell

Post by TerryRussell »

Many thanks!
Regards,

Terry
TerryRussell

NOW CLOSED

Post by TerryRussell »

Thank you to the two people who contacted me regarding this paid position.

Following some discussions, I have now decided that we will be using the services of one of the applicants quite extensively. I have notified the other applicant accordingly.

This particular position is now closed.

We will probably require other programmers and/or modellers within a month or two, and I'll ask for applicants at that time.

Thanks you.
Regards,

Terry