Using recast nav detour - wall climbing

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding game design, integration of external libraries here. For irrEdit, irrXML and irrKlang, see the
ambiera forums
Zero2Hero-DK

Using recast nav detour - wall climbing

Post by Zero2Hero-DK »

Hey all,
I'm new to Irrlicht and have just learned to use the engine sufficiently to represent models, create terrain ect.

At the moment I'm in need of a navigation lib for pathfinding for a turn-based strategy game I'm creating and stumbled across the lib Recast navigation detour. I've played around with it a bit, using obj meshes as AI terrain, and the pathfinding works brilliantly. As for now, I haven't played with the source code since I'm still not sure to use this library.

My game require that the units can climb walls, but haven't been able to find the possibility in this library. I've had several thoughts on this subject, but just didn't want to waste too much time trying to implement a workaround so that's why I'm posting here to seek advice or even guidance to what library to use instead to fulfill the requirements of the game.

Any of you encountered the same problem and have some solutions to this problem? or have suggestions of alternative libraries to use? (preferably nav-mesh libs as, imo, this is the most flexible pathfinding method in my knowledge ) 8)

Thanks in advance!
Zero2Hero-DK