So, did the world end?

Discussion about everything. New games, 3d math, development tips...
Radikalizm

So, did the world end?

Post by Radikalizm »

Okay, so the rapture should happen separately in every time zone at 6pm, it's 6:45 pm over here, so the world didn't end where I live

How about the rest of you, did the world end where you live? :D
shadowslair

Post by shadowslair »

Here`s 20:20 and the world goes on. Luckily ent1ty and kazymjir messed up their ion cannons once again. :D
"Although we walk on the ground and step in the mud... our dreams and endeavors reach the immense skies..."
hendu

Post by hendu »

Aww, at 6pm I was watching a movie and missed the whole thing. The world could've ended and I wouldn't have noticed a thing, lol.
ent1ty
Competition winner

Post by ent1ty »

shadowslair wrote:Here`s 20:20 and the world goes on. Luckily ent1ty and kazymjir messed up their ion cannons once again. :D
Now that's just mean :D
irrRenderer 1.0
Height2Normal v. 2.1 - convert height maps to normal maps

Step back! I have a void pointer, and I'm not afraid to use it!
Sylence

Post by Sylence »

End of the world? Did I miss something? 2012 is next year, isn't it?
Software documentation is like sex. If it's good you want more. If it's bad it's better than nothing.
Radikalizm

Post by Radikalizm »

Some preacher made a prediction based on the bible which he claimed as absolutely undeniably correct that the second coming of jesus would happen today at 6pm in each different timezone together with mass earthquakes and whatever
All good christians would be sent to heaven, while the rest of the world would be doomed
Apparently he got an incredible amount of followers (who actually donated a lot of money) leading to a huge media-hype
Sylence

Post by Sylence »

Ah ok... so no I didn't miss anything ^^
Radikalizm wrote:based on the bible
Says all that can be said about this... Sadly that most people tend to forget what the bible really is. It has nothing to do with truth or anything remotely related to this. It's just a collection of stories that should tell you about Christian moral and things like this...
Software documentation is like sex. If it's good you want more. If it's bad it's better than nothing.
Xaryl

Post by Xaryl »

Hi there, do not worry, you are safe.
I have patched the anomaly and stopped the world from ending.
To ensure the existence of future patches, please send your donation to my bank account. :wink:
Acki

Post by Acki »

well, this guy already predicted the end of the world some years ago and it didn't happen...
now his actual prediction also didn't happen...
but all good things are three, so the next time he predicts the end of the world it will happen !!!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
while(!asleep) sheep++;
IrrExtensions:Image
http://abusoft.g0dsoft.com
try Stendhal a MORPG written in Java
Radikalizm

Post by Radikalizm »

He'll probably just get lazy and link it with the 2012 predictions

EDIT:

@Acki: I only just noticed that you're from Venlo, that's really close to where I used to live and where my parents still live, small world :D
kazymjir

Post by kazymjir »

shadowslair wrote:Here`s 20:20 and the world goes on. Luckily ent1ty and kazymjir messed up their ion cannons once again. :D
It's all ent1ty fail, he forgot to add attack scripts to cron in ion cannons system. :?
lazerblade

Post by lazerblade »

Ha, nobody really believed that n00b. Whether or not you believe the Bible, his prediction was contrary to it's teachings. This doesn't work out for him well, as Bible believing christians(such as myself) and people that think such things are a bunch of hooey both hate him now. I have to admit, he's really great at coming to a two sided battle and getting both of them to unite to a common cause, even if it's borking on him for being insane. :lol:
LazerBlade

When your mind is racing, make sure it's not racing in a circle.

3d game engine: http://sites.google.com/site/lazerbladegames/home/ray3d
lazerBlade blog: http://lazerbladegames.blogspot.com/
lazerblade

Post by lazerblade »

kazymjir wrote:
It's all ent1ty fail, he forgot to add attack scripts to cron in ion cannons system. :?
Cron? So it basically ends the world every two thousand eleven years, five months, and 21 days?

SWEET! I gotta get me one of those!!! :twisted:
LazerBlade

When your mind is racing, make sure it's not racing in a circle.

3d game engine: http://sites.google.com/site/lazerbladegames/home/ray3d
lazerBlade blog: http://lazerbladegames.blogspot.com/
Buck1000

Post by Buck1000 »

One of my parents asked me this exact question earlier. I flipped through the news channels to see wtf was going on, because apparently the world was gonna end while I was busy coding. Would really no one have told me about my imminent demise? Shows how un-informed I am xD

Here's a description of what was "going to happen". http://www.ebiblefellowship.com/outreach/tracts/may21/
It will be on May 21st that God will raise up all the dead that have ever died from their graves. Earthquakes will ravage the whole world as the earth will no longer conceal its dead (Isaiah 26:21). People who died as saved individuals will experience the resurrection of their bodies and immediately leave this world to forever be with the Lord. Those who died unsaved will be raised up as well, but only to have their lifeless bodies scattered about the face of all the earth. Death will be everywhere.
I beg to differ! Sounds a bit harsh to me. My fake *end of the world* threat would include worldwide rick-rolls and endless fruit cake. THEY WILL SUFFER UNDER THE HYPOTHETICAL HANDS OF MY FRUITCAKE.
Last edited by Buck1000 on Sun May 22, 2011 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
ent1ty
Competition winner

Post by ent1ty »

Why does everybody blame me for the world not being destroyed :cry: :cry:

I'm powering the cannons up as we speak... prepare to suffer, nobody will offend me. :twisted:

(the powering up operation will take about a year and a half though... so, for now, go and enjoy your pathetic lives while you can)
irrRenderer 1.0
Height2Normal v. 2.1 - convert height maps to normal maps

Step back! I have a void pointer, and I'm not afraid to use it!