C++ and art

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Harry_Mystic

Post by Harry_Mystic »

Here is a link to the tutorial about how to use dev-cpp and irrlicht
http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/tut001b.html

Or go to main irrlicht page and then look for the tutorials page if this doesnt work directly.
Hammer Dude With A Twist

Post by Hammer Dude With A Twist »

If once you try and don't succeed, why try again?

Post by Guest »

i made a screenshot tutorial on how to setup irrlicht with dev c++, i hope this can help you (and of course also others):

right click/save as...
http://mitglied.lycos.de/animespy2003/d ... rlicht.rar

look at page1-page8 :)
Harry_Mystic

Post by Harry_Mystic »

If you get it work (try the "Hello World" tutorial) with everything setted up correctly (include-path, libs etc. like the tutorial) then you can create a template so you don't have to do this work every time you start a new project.

In Dev-c++ go to File->new->template... make your changes (name, description, categorie etc.) and create a new one.

Then you can use this like the other templates from Dev-c++, you will start with the settings and the code you've had when you created this template.

Hope this helps.

Post by Guest »

Sorry Hammer I didn't reply to you earlier I had alot of school work and crap go on. Also I admit I forgot about this. So if you still want to talk just post another post here to let me know. Yeah I use AIM well no AIM but their network, My screenname is ex25th. I'm sorry fo rnot replying back.

Post by Guest »

hehe sorry again that was me Tech^salvager that posted that
Midnight

Post by Midnight »

My assesment is that if you're not "into" IRC then you're far from capable of learning C++...why does every kid on the planet wanna be a game designer?

It coud work for ya...give it about 4 years.
Hammer Dude With A Twist

Post by Hammer Dude With A Twist »

Whats wrong with kids wanting to make games? I know a few kids of the ages 13 and 14 who have made some awsome FPSs.

ok, thanks Tech. Took me a while to reply. I got your aim.

I just don't like IRC. I prefer instant messenger.
If once you try and don't succeed, why try again?