Post Your Irrlicht Screenshots / Render Here.

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding to Image manipulation, 3d modeling and level editing for the Irrlicht engine here.
ent1ty
Competition winner

Post by ent1ty »

Yes all right you win :evil: :D
irrRenderer 1.0
Height2Normal v. 2.1 - convert height maps to normal maps

Step back! I have a void pointer, and I'm not afraid to use it!
roelor

Post by roelor »

andrei25ni wrote:Hey guys thanks for the feedback :)

I do have a blue fog applied, but wasn't that noticeable in that screen.

http://supremacy.sourceforge.net/images ... pic_60.jpg

The game doesn't have any kind of shadows or post effects, when I'll add those it will look more immersive.
I think it looks pretty good now, only thing I notice is that the trees are 2 planes. Are you making an android/iphone game?
Mel
Competition winner

Post by Mel »

got Newton 2.32 working :) The documentation regarding this physics engine is LAME! =.=U
"There is nothing truly useless, it always serves as a bad example". Arthur A. Schmitt
nathanf534

Post by nathanf534 »

got Newton 2.32 working The documentation regarding this physics engine is LAME! =.=U
Its a wiki, feel free to update it :lol:
while(signatureEmpty){cout<<wittyComment();}
Mel
Competition winner

Post by Mel »

I don't like how it is organized. You can't see the philosophy of the engine, and the examples won't help the newcomers much. They are too obscured, it feels like the programmers want to hide Newton's simplicity. It is an engine which is missing many important features, like cloth or soft bodies, and that makes it to be seen as a second class engine. But it does its work, and if you aren't asking for more than continuous collision detection, is enough.

If instead of hiding everything behind a layer of complexity, the engine was shown as it is, probably it would be more extended, because it is fairly easy to use.
"There is nothing truly useless, it always serves as a bad example". Arthur A. Schmitt
nathanf534

Post by nathanf534 »

Agreed. It looks complex at first, but it is actually really easy to get working. And hopefully since they recently released it as open source, things like cloth will be implemented.
while(signatureEmpty){cout<<wittyComment();}
devsh
Competition winner

Post by devsh »

@entity... he doesnt win... pow(x,0.0) on a GPU yields 0.0
ent1ty
Competition winner

Post by ent1ty »

Well that's great, thanks for letting me know :)

Radikalizm: In your face! :D
irrRenderer 1.0
Height2Normal v. 2.1 - convert height maps to normal maps

Step back! I have a void pointer, and I'm not afraid to use it!
Radikalizm

Post by Radikalizm »

devsh wrote:@entity... he doesnt win... pow(x,0.0) on a GPU yields 0.0
I guess you're right, I never knew that
That's pretty illogical right there, I can imagine that resulting in some serious headaches
The only documentation I can find for this is on the opengl site which claims pow(x, 0) and pow(0, 0) result in undefined behavior, so I still wouldn't use it
The HLSL documentation completely ignores this 'feature'
devsh
Competition winner

Post by devsh »

a screenie of my embarassingly n00by and new world editor for my engine (which I have coded in 3 days)
An Interesting feature is a fully functional (scrolling (unlike most things in irrlicht)) texture cache browser, the annoying thing is, my inferred lighting GBuffers can be selected (maybe a good thing??, since you could code a simple post process quad in the editor or a water scene node etc?)

Radikalizm

Post by Radikalizm »

I couldn't sleep so I started digging through all my old projects scattered around my laptop
I stumbled upon an 'ancient' framework I did based on a modified irrlicht engine (not sure which irrlicht version, should look that up) which basically is the ancestor of my current irrlicht prototyping framework
This thing still used havok for physics

This is a vortex simulation done in havok, I could spawn massive amounts of random meshes with actually pretty awesome performance
The codebase itself was a huge mess though, I don't think any code from this thing actually survived in the latest framework

EDIT:

Fun fact: I always gave the random meshes a rather large mass which resulted in some serious ass-kicking if you went too close to the vortex
This demo literally beat the sh*t out of you
omaremad
Competition winner

Post by omaremad »

A early Multipass forward rendering lightmanger for infinite number of lights per mesh
"Irrlicht is obese"

If you want modern rendering techniques learn how to make them or go to the engine next door =p
Radikalizm

Post by Radikalizm »

Wouldn't that become really expensive with a lot of lights?
omaremad
Competition winner

Post by omaremad »

It processes lights in batches of 4 per pass, hence allowing infinite lights without the overhead of a pass per light.

Here is an example scene which runs well, shadow mapping included this time
I will release this light manger (I might call it NOOBLITE) so people can get nice scenes easily.

"Irrlicht is obese"

If you want modern rendering techniques learn how to make them or go to the engine next door =p
stefbuet
Competition winner

Post by stefbuet »

Soft particles yayy! :)
[Black borders to view only 'soft' transparency but particles are taking into account its alpha channel]
The attenuation function is not linear, paper here --> NVidia paper
Image[/url]
CuteAlien wrote:coders are well-known creatures of the night