Error with Blender Exporter

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.

Error with Blender Exporter

Post by Guest »

i have a problem with the blender exporter.
i do levels, models etc. in blender, works fine.

but i have to make everything to ONE mesh because irrlicht wont display more. but i cannot texture my level right with only one material, or am i wrong?
i do it like this:

1. model a level
2. make everything to one mesh ( edit: join objects: all selected)
3. export using the jox exporter
4. load in irrlicht
5. ready

if i dont make it one mesh only the first will be displayed, like:

cube
cube.001
cube.002
cube.003

only "cube" is displayed, none other. do someone of you know how to solve my problem?

ps: sorry for my bad english :)

Post by Guest »

second question: how do i texture the maps and models ? they are always black when i load them ...

Post by Guest »

ok i could use UV maps but i would have to create a VEEEEEERY LARGE texture because i guess the textures dont repeat themselves. and i guess thats also not the right way... maybe i should ask afecelis how he is doing it? he makes really cool maps :wink:

Post by Guest »

ok solved the problem with the exporting.
now i only have to get out how to texture this thing :)
iam so happy :wink:
ventilator

Post by ventilator »

btw. you should download some of the latest test builds of blender if you haven't already. -> http://www.blender.org/modules.php?op=m ... 25&start=0

there are some really great modeling improvements. slowly blender becomes a real alternative (at least at modeling)...