irrBullet linker error?

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
RageD

irrBullet linker error?

Post by RageD »

Hey everyone,

So I am attempting to integrate bullet physics into my project using irrBullet, however, I am getting an odd exception.

Code: Select all

1>irrBullet.lib(softbody.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall btSoftBody::appendAnchor(int,class btRigidBody *,bool)" (?appendAnchor@btSoftBody@@QAEXHPAVbtRigidBody@@_N@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall ISoftBody::appendAnchor(unsigned int,class IRigidBody * const,bool)" (?appendAnchor@ISoftBody@@QAEXIQAVIRigidBody@@_N@Z)
1>..\..\bin\Client.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
I get the same error with both debug and release libraries. Projects (both my bullet and irrBullet libraries and current project) are being built with MDd and MD settings (should I use MT/d?).

Anyway, I am linking them in this order exactly:

#pragma comment(lib, "../../libs/irrBullet-0.1.71/lib/win32_visualstudio/2010/Debug/irrBullet.lib")
#pragma comment(lib, "../../libs/bullet-2.7.8/lib/Debug/BulletSoftBody.lib")
#pragma comment(lib, "../../libs/bullet-2.7.8/lib/Debug/BulletDynamics.lib")
#pragma comment(lib, "../../libs/bullet-2.7.8/lib/Debug/GIMPACTUtils.lib")
#pragma comment(lib, "../../libs/bullet-2.7.8/lib/Debug/BulletCollision.lib")
#pragma comment(lib, "../../libs/bullet-2.7.8/lib/Debug/LinearMath.lib")
So without all the extension info, it looks like this:

irrBullet.lib
BulletSoftBody.lib
BulletDynamics.lib
GIMPACTUtils.lib
BulletCollision.lib
LinearMath.lib
I have gotten this ordering from another post on the forum here (I tried the ordering provided in the irrBullet documentation, and received the same error).

I have rebuilt the libraries several time, but can't seem to get it working.

Anyone else having this issue and/or know how to fix it? Thanks for your help.

-RageD
DuF = (del)F.u
Microsonic Development
REDDemon
Developer

Post by REDDemon »

Wasn't IrrBullet compiled with C::B? I'll check this..

EDIT:

now there is also VS support. great. I don't have VS2010. so I can't help. Try to ask that question to cobra. He's the developer of IrrBullet. You can also try Bullet without irrbullet.
Junior Irrlicht Developer.
Real value in social networks is not about "increasing" number of followers, but about getting in touch with Amazing people.
- by Me
RageD

Post by RageD »

Thanks for your help. Yes, I compiled the binaries myself for both bullet and irrBullet.

Perhaps I will look into using it without irrBullet - the wrapper just seemed convenient :P

-RageD
DuF = (del)F.u
Microsonic Development
RageD

Post by RageD »

After some sleep, it dawned on me what the problem is... It's a linker error, meaning something isn't defined.

I checked the Bullet-2.78 source and realized that the function signatures did not match those in irrBullet. So it seems (comparing Bullet-2.77 source), that the latest source version that irrBullet supports is Bullet-2.77.

I did try simply replacing the header files for Bullet-2.78 (since they are parametized, it compiles properly), but this causes an assertion failure.

I am attempting to build the Bullet-2.77 libs right now and see what happens.

-RageD

EDIT: I receive the same assertion failure in the same place with the 2.77 sources; however, the problem is not the libraries - it's how I am trying to load the mesh. I am attempting to load (the default) quake3 map mesh as a

IBvhTriangleMeshShape*
but it doesn't like that too much :P
DuF = (del)F.u
Microsonic Development