Beta Testers needed for 3dWeb project

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

This looks almost exacly like a web browser I downloaded years ago... It was cute but I got bored with it after a while.
code happens
Virror

Post by Virror »

Ok, tested it and here is a few things i thought about:

-Administrator issue when using win 7.
-Controls are horrific, hardly usable to me, very slow. Some kind of mouse-look would make a huge difference. If controls are bad, no one will bother using it.
-Speeds are very good on my 25Mb/s connection, does not bother at all.
-Girls look very good : p
REDDemon
Developer

Post by REDDemon »

would be nice to see something really new in action. I'm totally interested in new technologies.

TESTED IT:
Web navigation in 3D is not very natural. You must give the chance to increase moving speed. Actually this web browser is very userfriendly for who never used 3D. But for who plays 3D games the browsing is very slow! Also you are binded to a 2D plane for moving. What about flying around and make stairs/ecc? I think.

I don't know if someone else tried something similiar in the past. But i'm interested also in co-operate in this new tecnology.

The bad point. It is based on a new site format. So 2D contents and textual contents are not accessible. You gave me a TONS of new ideas. Keep working on it.

The downlod time for my connection is about 30 seconds. ( i think just the time of download 3/4 big images with firefox).

Pressing the "?" button in the download progress dialogue didn't showed anything (it was supposed to show a message?)
Junior Irrlicht Developer.
Real value in social networks is not about "increasing" number of followers, but about getting in touch with Amazing people.
- by Me
xirtamatrix

Post by xirtamatrix »

Virror wrote:Ok, tested it and here is a few things i thought about:
Thank You Virror, your feedback is much appreciated.
Virror wrote:-Administrator issue when using win 7.
Could you please clarify this further?
Virror wrote:-Girls look very good : p
Yes they do ;)

p.s. Do you think you could test 3dSiteBuilder also? :)
to live, is natural; to die, is not!
xirtamatrix

Post by xirtamatrix »

REDDemon wrote:The bad point. It is based on a new site format. So 2D contents and textual contents are not accessible.
Thank You REDDemon, your feedback in very helpful.

I would like to clarify, once again, that the goal of 3dWeb is not to take over or replace the exisiting 2dWeb, but to exisit side-by-side.

Today's 2d web is very suitable for distributing and presenting 2d textual information and it should continue doing so.

3dWeb will be used for the specific purpose of delivering 3d content to the user. This could be anything, personal 3d photo-galleries, products, buildings and monuments of interest and yes, even 3d games :)

cheers!
Virror

Post by Virror »

xirtamatrix wrote:
Virror wrote:Ok, tested it and here is a few things i thought about:
Thank You Virror, your feedback is much appreciated.
Virror wrote:-Administrator issue when using win 7.
Could you please clarify this further?
Virror wrote:-Girls look very good : p
Yes they do ;)

p.s. Do you think you could test 3dSiteBuilder also? :)
I need to run the browser as administrator on win 7, not very user friendly : )

Will test the builder when i have some more time.
xirtamatrix

Post by xirtamatrix »

Virror wrote:I need to run the browser as administrator on win 7, not very user friendly : )
Yes, thank you. This will be fixed in the very next release. (1.0)