Emerge (Non-Irrlicht Game)

Discussion about everything. New games, 3d math, development tips...
Buck1000

Emerge (Non-Irrlicht Game)

Post by Buck1000 »

Hey guys, I've taken a break from 3D games, and have started working on a small 2D Physics-based game. I was wondering if I could get some comments on it =] Its no where near done, but I'm looking to get the gameplay as addicting as possible. So, critique would be great =]

Its up at gamejolt -> http://gamejolt.com/open-source/games/a ... erge/5372/
LizardGamer

Post by LizardGamer »

It looks like you might make a very good game.

P.S Hopefully you get no more spam from those bots
Buck1000

Post by Buck1000 »

Thanks =] I'll be adding varied blocks soon, including breakable ones, along with powerup-style things you can pick up. So, it should only be getting better. I'm really glad you found it fun =D
soulless

Post by soulless »

You can't deny that spambot offers good prices!!! :lol:

Now, seriously, the openal32.dll in the zip file says it is not valid.

On the game, very early stage to say I like it or not, but the idea is a good one, if you add an achievement system, online score comparison, items, 2 players VS (split screen, same pattern of falling cubes, who gets some achievement sends bad items to the other, etc), that would make the game a very interesting one.

On the gameplay, is kinda frustrating that the square (soon to be a bunny :D) you control rotates too much, I know it's a physics-based game, but it makes it too hard that frustration makes me abandon it.

I like that falling squares rotates, it makes me thing that I have to plan my next move, that's good and keeps me playing.

I'm going to wait the next release and play it.

Oh! nice music!!! :wink: