Eruption Entertainment-Cadalion Online is hiring volunteers

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
fmx

Post by fmx »

chaoscauser wrote:bump looking for a new team
ouch
good luck with finding one :roll:
fritzgryphon

Post by fritzgryphon »

It's nice that you've got a design, but it seems rather vast and vague, and there are no details of implementation. If you started in 2006, it would conceivably take another 10-15 years to flesh out a very specific design and technical document. This might discourage people from joining your team.

On the plus side, 10-15 years, if spend better, could be very productive. I'd recommend some things:

1. Prune the design, particularly parts that are hackneyed or not relevant to the core gameplay.

2. Expect to do most of the work yourself. Plan a curriculum for yourself to learn the necessary skills from online resources and books. Make deadlines for learning specific skills.

3. Specifically decide how features are to be implemented, and in what order. Focus on how each feature will work, instead of how it'll look or sound. Make deadlines for each.

4. When you miss these deadlines, go back to 1.

If you appear to be making good progress on your own, and people can play what you've made, you will have a chance of attracting help.
chaoscauser

Re:

Post by chaoscauser »

fritzgryphon wrote:It's nice that you've got a design, but it seems rather vast and vague, and there are no details of implementation. If you started in 2006, it would conceivably take another 10-15 years to flesh out a very specific design and technical document. This might discourage people from joining your team.

On the plus side, 10-15 years, if spend better, could be very productive. I'd recommend some things:

1. Prune the design, particularly parts that are hackneyed or not relevant to the core gameplay.

2. Expect to do most of the work yourself. Plan a curriculum for yourself to learn the necessary skills from online resources and books. Make deadlines for learning specific skills.

3. Specifically decide how features are to be implemented, and in what order. Focus on how each feature will work, instead of how it'll look or sound. Make deadlines for each.

4. When you miss these deadlines, go back to 1.

If you appear to be making good progress on your own, and people can play what you've made, you will have a chance of attracting help.
I am doing a foundation degree in game art and design i start my second year in october

What's been happening since January 23rd is the following

New bow and tower model for Cadalion Online
New weapon concept art
New creature concept art for Cadalion Online
We created a base model for the first island
We have finished haven camp site and haven valley on that island with the cave under works
We made a company youtube page
New enviromental concept art
We moved our forums to another host http://eruptionforum.x10.bz/index.php (we can now send out smf newsletter)
We incoporated joomla into our company site http://eruption.000space.com and we will be linking the website and forum login
New Armor concept art

We are looking for some more concept artists and modelers to help out