[help] set-up textures in UV channels

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding to Image manipulation, 3d modeling and level editing for the Irrlicht engine here.
mc08

[help] set-up textures in UV channels

Post by mc08 »

Hi forum!

I have run into a problem when making buildings with both tiled textures (bricks on the walls) and details (doors, windows etc.) in Blender and exporting them to irrlicht. B3D modells in irrlicht supports 2 UV sets that can contain multiple textures in each "channel". As i've understood one usually puts the diffuse and AO textures in the first UV channel and lightmap (and specular?) textures in the second channel. However, if I make partly tiled modell as described above, I can't have any AO in the first channel because of the tiled textures.

How should I distribute each texture type between the two channels and how do I successfully import it to irrEdit? (I can't select which channel a texture end up in when loading the textures to a model direct in irrEdit) I can't figure out a way to get both the AO and lightmap in there right away when loading the model without mixing AO+light together.

I really appreciate your help, thanks you very much in advance! :)
Sincerely, Marcus.